• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Near impossible unless you plan to remove the sole entirely. The toe reinforcement is sandwiched between the chromexcel and the inner lining. Wolverine confirmed that the toe puff is made of thermal plastic. In theory, you could make it more malleable by warming and heating the toe area.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to keep my leathers straight.....

Inferno is the tan colored leather on most of the 1K USA boots. I had a PDF chart from Horween that listed the tanning method and other info but for the life of me I can't find it. Along with Predator leather it's a full grain oily/waxy tough leather. The basic maintenance for all 3 types is the same.

dgoldberg

Reaction score

Obenauf's LP or Montana Pitch-Blend Leather Dressing. I've been regularly using the MPB on my brown 1K's, have worn them every day for over a year, and they're still looking great.

How regularly do you apply the MPB? and do you do that in place of a leather oil? If not, how often on the oil?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How regularly do you apply the MPB? and do you do that in place of a leather oil? If not, how often on the oil?

MPB is like Obenauf LP or snoseal. It's the waterproofer and you use it as needed. Oil is used for regular maintenance and conditioning between waterproofing treatments.

dgoldberg

Reaction score

MPB is like Obenauf LP or snoseal. It's the waterproofer and you use it as needed. Oil is used for regular maintenance and conditioning between waterproofing treatments.

Thanks. How often do you recommend using the oil? I live in the cold, northeast.

Pecan89

Reaction score
Quote:
Is inferno something between the predator and CXL found in the Rust/Brown 1Ks? The predator looks pretty distinct in the products Ive seen (in pictures). Ive only seen the tan 1Ks in person but I could see a waxy discription of the leather accurate. If water gets on them it just beads up and rolls off which i initially assumed was the MPB but could be both

Also they've def "broken in" a bit, enough to where i had to loosen the laces a lot and really pull the boot on when right outta the box to now just being able to slide them on with one hand or just step right in

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. How often do you recommend using the oil? I live in the cold, northeast.

Hard to be specific on that one. If you get them wet let them dry and apply a light coat. Other than that when they start to look dry wipe them down.

resiroth

Reaction score
Crane's and others, care to comment on a good preserver/water proofer that won't darken the color of the boots much? I have some obenauf's LP (for another boot) and some filson boot oil (courtesy of you guys). I did notice at least for my other boots that the LP darkened them up quite a bit, not sure I'd like to do that to the 1000 miles since I love their standard color so much. Is that just inevitable with water proofing or are there good neutral ones? Thanks, this thread has been a real help. And another thanks to cranes, incredible price.

Last edited:

squyntz1

Reaction score
Crane's and others, care to comment on a good preserver/water proofer that won't darken the color of the boots much? I have some obenauf's LP (for another boot) and some filson boot oil (courtesy of you guys). I did notice at least for my other boots that the LP darkened them up quite a bit, not sure I'd like to do that to the 1000 miles since I love their standard color so much. Is that just inevitable with water proofing or are there good neutral ones? Thanks, this thread has been a real help. And another thanks to cranes, incredible price.
You could always shoot an email to Nick Horween and ask for a recommendation.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of the proofers are neutral and does not change the actual color. The best way to understand what you see is the difference of the leather when it's dry and wet. Full grain leather appears "darker" ,it's actually better described as being more saturated, when wet. As the water, oil, proofer dries out the color lightens back up. As I said before this type of leather naturally darkens with exposure to the elements and sunlight. There is no point in trying to keep the out of the box color. It's not going to happen. What you are seeing is the natural changes that this type of leather goes through as it ages and develops it's patina.

hngu7721

Reaction score

Inferno is the tan colored leather on most of the 1K USA boots. I had a PDF chart from Horween that listed the tanning method and other info but for the life of me I can't find it. Along with Predator leather it's a full grain oily/waxy tough leather. The basic maintenance for all 3 types is the same.

Here is the complete Tannage List from Horween: http://horween.com/leathers/full-tannage-list/

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does it crease/wrinkle like CXL?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear 11.5 US in just about everything I own even though most of it is British. I do own a pair of Alden Indy cordovan boots also in an 11.5. However, advise says to order .5 size down. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on some non-returnable sale 1000ks and I need some advice.

Should I order 11 or 11.5?

Any help is appreciated.

Calling Namor, do you own a pair and if so what size?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads