• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

kpag

Reaction score

Maybe they were too dry?  Did you condition the laces?

I did not condition. I did notice that when I laced them up they got leather "dust" all over the boots. Not sure if that was a sign or cheap or dry laces

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those that have switched to leather laces, what brand do you use and/or where did you get them? I picked up a pair of leather laces from a local sporting goods store that actually matched pretty well in color to my rust boots. One lace broke as soon as I laced them up (luckily it was only about 12" on the end, which is just about what I was planning to cut off anyways) and the other lace broke within a week. Were these crappy laces or is this just a risk of buying leather laces?

I get mine from the grocery store and haven't had any issues. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Brian Itzaina

Reaction score
Whats the beefiest topy possible on these guys?
Does anyone have a good cobbler in north county/san diego are for having some 1,000 miles topy'd?

Thanks,
Brian

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can get a Vibram Tread Commando style on them.
Only a bit more expensive. Just ask your cobbler.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The commando half sole is a light lug pattern. The Raptor is a small random patterned lug that is a lot stickier with a toe section made for traction on ice, snow and slick rock.

Brian Itzaina

Reaction score
The commando half sole is a light lug pattern. The Raptor is a small random patterned lug that is a lot stickier with a toe section made for traction on ice, snow and slick rock.
What do you mean by light lug pattern?

I searched and found these.

LL

I definately remember passing through all the photos months back.
Definately trying to go with the commando half sole.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

zchen

Reaction score
In stock on my back shelf. I told you if things went well we would start stocking more boots right?

Original 1Ks:

5301 Brown 8.5 D , 9 D, 9.5 D, 10 D, 10.5 D
5299 Rust 7 D, 8 D, 8.5 D, 9 D, 9.5 D (2), 10 D
Cordovan 10 D

You want them, you know the drill.....

Rust in 7D is on the way to me~

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stephan75

Reaction score
Good morning,

I really love the looks of the 1000miles original or - even better - the cordovan 744 LTD version. The problem is, that it is by no means easy to find the correct size. I have scanned the thread, but haven't found what I'm looking for.
Calling from Germany, I haven't got a chance of trying these particular boots on, so I really depend on your advice: Normally, I'm quite happy with UK11 ot EUR 46, which would suggest a US 12 to 12,5 for the Wolverines. Reading through this thread however, I'm not sure if this isn't too big...
So:
PLEASE HELP:
My foot is about 30 cm / 11.8 inches toe to heel
UK size (usually) 11
EUR size (usually) 46
What size could you suggest for the Wolverine 1000 miles?

Thank you ever so much!
Stephan

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
Hate to be that guy... These are work boots I know. Meant to be beat to **** and what not... But would this nick in the leather bother anyone else?

I haven't worn them yet, they came out of the box with that. Am I being an asshole?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That would not be acceptable to me.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Save that 10.5 for me! Dropping mine in the mail tomorrow, Karl.

Better call the store and reserve them!

Hate to be that guy... These are work boots I know. Meant to be beat to **** and what not... But would this nick in the leather bother anyone else?

I haven't worn them yet, they came out of the box with that. Am I being an asshole?

No, that wouldn't work with me either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads