• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Brian Itzaina

Reaction score

^ I wear the same size (1/2 size down) in both

Thanks,
I think I'm weird with my preferred fitting.
I wear:
10-Vans
9-Clark's
8-1,000 Mile

9 1/2 in Vans are too tight to walk a mile in.
8 1/2 Clark's fit and would stretch to comfort but I prefer 9 for everyday wear with medium hiking smart wool socks.
I don't really remember 81/2 in 1,000 miles but I'm sure they would fit ok but I can wear my 8 out hiking with thick socks and without much toe room I never have toe jam.

Does anyone share the similar preferences between brands?

zchen

Reaction score
You can get 1K classics under $300 pretty easily, and well worth the extra saving over $200-boots. Wolverine 1K's are one of the cheapest ways to get into Chromexcel leather, which is used on +$500 Alden's, White's, et al.

where should I look to get 1k boots under $300, ebay? I don't think I've seen them under that price @ amazon. thanks

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

herragge

Reaction score

The stiching does not bother me one bit. The toe would not bother me after I wear it in real life once.

These are boots. Not patent leather evening wear where blemishes may be a factor. These are high quality **** kickers. They are meant to be worn, They would bother me a bit if they sat on my shelf with those blemishes. That stitching or toe wouldn't bother me after I started wearing them however. Therefore get **** kickin with em!

How many years do your guy's soles last on your 1000 miles? I'm debating whether to add a topy/vibrate sole saver or not. The JR soles I have on my Allen Edmonds are still strong and feel like they'll last a long long time without need a resole. Is this the same experience for your guy's 1Ks?

I topy'd my soles so I could wear them during the winter, going on three years of wear now and no noticeable need to replace the soles anytime soon.

I also topy'd my soles recently on my 1k's after about 4-5 months but this was just so they could be used with more versatility in less then optimal conditions. They are incredible boots and deserved to be worn whenever possible.

EdinLA44

Reaction score

Does anyone reccomend/use insoles with these boots?

Right now, I'm trying a few different insoles. I currently have the Spenco
00ae.png
Full Length Arch Cushions in them. Amazon has them for about $12 a pair. It has good arch support but not too aggressive. i also have a pair of Uggs insoles ($15 at Zappos) but i need a much thinner sock because they take up more room. I ordered my W1Ks true-to-fit because I planned on using insoles and so far the fit has been great..

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use custom made orthotics in my 1Ks. I usually wear a size 8 in stuff, and this 8 was pretty big. It's stretched a bit too, so I actually wear the insoles and thick socks and it's snug for the winter.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use the Wolverine insoles. Watch that tight fit with thick socks thing. Compressing your insulation layer kills it's effectiveness.

squyntz1

Reaction score

I have had great service and would like to share.
I purchased a pair of rust 1000 miles on ebay from Leosquare's store. (http://myworld.ebay.com/imperialwear/&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754). Right away Juan the owner emialed me notifying that the size I ordered had just sold out and that a refund would be ready to go as soon as I spoke. I decided to go with the black addisons for a bit of a discounted price. I was more then happy with them from the get go.
Fast forward 3 months, I was brushing mine down when I noticed my heels where retracting on both boots. I shot a photo and called up Juan the next morning. I spoke with him and discussed wether to go through wolverine for a warranty or if he could do it for me as a dealer. Even being christmas week he still had no issue with taking care of the issue for me. I do not drive a car and I only walk and cycle for transportation for my 30 mile commute 5 days a week. With that said I have had trouble finding a decent cobbler I can trust around my area otherwise I simply would have had them fixed & topy'd at the same time. So I went ahead and shipped my boots back to Leosquares's and Juan shipped out new replacements next day air.
I have been more than happy with my 1000 miles and I would like to thank Juan and his shop for all the help and suggestions as well as everyone whos posted here doing the same. If anyone is looking to buy a boot online I will gladly suggest Leosquare for a solid purchase.

How does a retracting heel look like?

frenchji

Reaction score

I have had great service and would like to share.
I purchased a pair of rust 1000 miles on ebay from Leosquare's store. (http://myworld.ebay.com/imperialwear/&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754). Right away Juan the owner emialed me notifying that the size I ordered had just sold out and that a refund would be ready to go as soon as I spoke. I decided to go with the black addisons for a bit of a discounted price. I was more then happy with them from the get go.
Fast forward 3 months, I was brushing mine down when I noticed my heels where retracting on both boots. I shot a photo and called up Juan the next morning. I spoke with him and discussed wether to go through wolverine for a warranty or if he could do it for me as a dealer. Even being christmas week he still had no issue with taking care of the issue for me. I do not drive a car and I only walk and cycle for transportation for my 30 mile commute 5 days a week. With that said I have had trouble finding a decent cobbler I can trust around my area otherwise I simply would have had them fixed & topy'd at the same time. So I went ahead and shipped my boots back to Leosquares's and Juan shipped out new replacements next day air.
I have been more than happy with my 1000 miles and I would like to thank Juan and his shop for all the help and suggestions as well as everyone whos posted here doing the same. If anyone is looking to buy a boot online I will gladly suggest Leosquare for a solid purchase.

That's good to hear! Just bought a pair from him. Really good price and I got them 2 days after I bought them!

natels

Reaction score
I'm looking to condition my boots. I sno-sealed them when I first bought them which darkened them a ton, but I happened to like the result. Though I have Obenaufs Leather Oil and fear it will darken only darken them more. Is there a conditioner I can use that will not tint the leather?

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to condition my boots. I sno-sealed them when I first bought them which darkened them a ton, but I happened to like the result. Though I have Obenaufs Leather Oil and fear it will darken only darken them more. Is there a conditioner I can use that will not tint the leather?

Bickmore Bick 4 or AE leather lotion.

cubs87

Reaction score
Hey guys, just got a pair of W1k brown for Christmas, super excited for them. I've been working on reading all 174 pages, but it's not easy task....I do not think I am going to Sno-Seal them, but is there anything else I should do to them before I wear them out for the first time?

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads