• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

BrownieElf

Reaction score
I wear a 10 1/2 in the clarks, and a 10 1/2 in the 1000 miles. They are loose enough still to wear heavy winter socks. Might have been able to get away with a 10, but most posters were sizing down 1/2 to 1 size from your actual measurement.

Reginald Bartholomew

Reaction score
I went down a half size from my DB size (9 in Clarks, 8.5 in 1Ks). The 1Ks were tight as **** at first, but now are the most comfortable footwear I have with medium weight socks. Went walking a few clicks in them today, was good stuff.

Also, the Wlsley is definitely a very different beast from the regular 1K, and I'm glad I tried them on. a 9 was crazy tight in the heel but huge in the toe box. Don't think the last works for me.

Darkknightcol

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys for your replies !
I think Im gonna go 1/2 size from de DB's since I dont wear heavy winter socks, bc where I live we dont get a very cold weather.

The only thing is that at revolve they dont offer the 1k mile on 7 1/2 size

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't put on any soles. It hasn't gotten really icy yet here in Toronto, but so far it's working quite fine.
Even though they're a few hundred dollars, they're still ******* boots, and once it's not your only pair of footwear, you won't wear through them in a hurry. Take care of the uppers well, and in 2, 3 or 4 years when the sole needs replacing, send it back to the manufacturer to get it replaced.
Sometimes I think people baby their stuff too much here (not you, or anyone specifically).

I went with the half-soles for three reasons: 1) So I wouldn't feel every pebble I step on as it imbeds itself into the sole of my boots 2) Better traction in weather (I live in the Northeast) 3) Half soles are cheaper than a full factory resoling job. And as an added bonus, with the half soles my boots look better than before (having a matching color on the sole and the heel is nice).

I really can't see a single drawback. Taking additional measures like using LP and half soles may be "babying" to some. To me its more a matter of protecting (and upgrading) something I loved enough to spend as much on as it would take to feed an African family for a year.

Last edited:

Bali26

Reaction score
Here are my one month old Addisons (need cleaning). Bought from Revolve with discount but had to pay $45 tax on pick up from post office in Vancouver, Canada. Went a whole size down (9), still plenty of space in front. They were a little snug on sides but are perfect now. I wear wool socks. Look great with dark straight/skinny jeans.

Very happy with the quality so far. The only complaint is the soft soft leather sole. It got significantly scubbed in just few kilometers of sidewalk use especially at the front edge. Topy is a must I think. I made my own. The upper easily gets marked from chair legs etc but goes away with little finger rub.

Also highly recommend Sno-seal. My hairdrier didn't make the wax hot enough to melt and soak in so I just used my oven. (5 min in 170 deg F, Use a wooden board, don't place on metal.)

zat1

Reaction score
I just purchased a pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile boots (original), I typically wear an 11, but went a full size down to a 10 and boot fits perfect. My question is that I've seen a lot of people post that they installed a Topy in order to protect the leather sole.

What's the general consensus on using a Topy for this boot...any cons to putting it on the boot?

There aren't that many shoe repair shops in my area so I just want to know what to look for when having a Topy installed, and how much I should expect to pay for it? Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

GFactor

Reaction score
I Just scored a pair of 1000 miles in NYC at Scoops on 14th St in Meatpacking area. The price was unbelievable--originally $325.00 reduced to $199.00 and had a 40% sale promotion--$120.00 plus tax! Had actually ordered a pair online and just went to Scoops to see and feel the real thing and stumbled on that find. The sole was marked due to people trying on-- the floor in the store is cement and the box was a bit tattered but no problem
Not sure if other locations have more because the display model was my size (11 ½- I usually wear a 12 and they fit perfectly). I immediately bought some conditioner and worked the upper and lower –no telling how long they were in that store. They look and feel great!

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow 120+tax what a steal! I'd be happy to find one for 2something. If anyone comes across in 7.5 black or brown in the original 1000 mile on sale anywhere scoop it up for me!

heya

Reaction score
are there any other websites that sell the original 1k mile in brown for around the same price as revolveclothing? (~240$)

they are on preorder until march, im not sure if i can wait that long, but i would also prefer to save 100$ :eek:

I ran into the same problem with revolve being on back order until march. I emailed and asked nordstrom.com if they can price match and I was able to talk to the right person, scored the 1k in brown for $250! Tax, shipping etc. included. Love these boots, I always wear a 13 but ordered in 12 and still have plenty of room.

I went to the local boot shop and asked for advice on using obenauf and they steered me away from it. They suggested a leather cream and just a water resistant leather spray. I want these boots to last, but don't plan on being in wet and snowy weather too much. Is the obenauf the smart choice?

Last edited:

hugh51271

Reaction score

Here are my one month old Addisons (need cleaning). Bought from Revolve with discount but had to pay $45 tax on pick up from post office in Vancouver, Canada. Went a whole size down (9), still plenty of space in front. They were a little snug on sides but are perfect now. I wear wool socks.  Look great with dark straight/skinny jeans. 

Very happy with the quality so far. The only complaint is the soft soft leather sole. It got significantly scubbed in just few kilometers of sidewalk use especially at the front edge. Topy is a must I think. I made my own. The upper easily gets marked from chair legs etc but goes away with little finger rub. 

Also highly recommend Sno-seal. My hairdrier didn't make the wax hot enough to melt and soak in so I just used my oven. (5 min in 170 deg F, Use a wooden board, don't place on metal.)

How did you make your own topy and how does the sno-seal work?

cheers

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here are my one month old Addisons (need cleaning). Bought from Revolve with discount but had to pay $45 tax on pick up from post office in Vancouver, Canada. Went a whole size down (9), still plenty of space in front. They were a little snug on sides but are perfect now. I wear wool socks.  Look great with dark straight/skinny jeans. 

what glue did you use? i tried the DIY route myself but the glue wouldn't stay put and had to eventually buy a proper topy kit.

fitchottie

Reaction score
Just got a black and brown Pair for 119.00 good looking out... Total war 255.00 including shipping

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads