Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. iroh

iroh Senior member

oh don't act too smug, it takes a lot more money than that to feed an African family for a year.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012

2. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

3. trig

trig Senior member

how'd you do this? scoop nyc?

edit:

damn just gave them a call. apparently none of the stores carry them in 7.5.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012

4. mike134

mike134 Well-Known Member

Quote:

I went to the local boot shop and asked for advice on using obenauf and they steered me away from it. They suggested a leather cream and just a water resistant leather spray. I want these boots to last, but don't plan on being in wet and snowy weather too much. Is the obenauf the smart choice?

Don't use a leather spray! this isn't junk leather. Follow the instructions on this forum, or follow the official Wolverine video.

5. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

^ +∞

Use Obenauf.

6. althanis

althanis Senior member

His avatar is James Bond, just do what he says.

7. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

8. mike134

mike134 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to mention to anyone still on the fence about these boots (this is a review thread you know):

I absolutely love my 1000 mile boots. I'm in academia, but my rockford model boots look just fine in my office as they do in the machine shops. I walk a half mile to work in them, wear them for 14 hours per work day (half the day in the office, half the day in the machine shop, and half the day in the laboratory) and then walk home in them. I do prefer Alden wingtips or captoes if I just have lectures or will be writing in my office all day, but those days are few and far between. These are my daily wears.

Also, I'm not sure how the standard 1000 mile boots are, but my Rockfords have full rubber heals. I have not had any problems with traction in the Cleveland snow/ice or wet marble floors. I even climb my experiment rig in them, although I prefer to wear a pair of Merrell's for that (also made by Wolverine).

I will concede that I wouldn't recommend them for my old hometown (Buffalo) where the snow comes and never leaves and your feet sink two feet under the "snow canopy" with every step. But the cleveland snowstorms come and then melt the next day so we don't retain much snow on the sidewalks for very long.

These things are just so great, I bet if you round house kicked someone in the face with them, they would thank you from the bottom of their heart.

9. Dayman

Dayman Senior member

Very nice review. Yes, the standard 1000 mile has a rubber heel as well.

10. althanis

althanis Senior member

That's a lotta halves for just one day.

11. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

They steered you away from a product they don't carry for one that they do carry. Most waterproofing sprays have silicone and are junk. Use Obenauf LP wax or Montana Pitch Blend.

12. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

Got the 1000 miles from Scoop... Black one had issue and has to go back.... I guess no black for me.... Threading was coming completely off from the left shoe by the first loop whole.

13. derrida26

derrida26 Senior member

found a 1k new in black on ebay for around 220$, will come in the mail in a few days. hmm excited

14. boibleu22

boibleu22 Well-Known Member

anyone have squeaking issues with their heels? mine squeak and its really irritating. At first it was just the right boot but now both seem to have the same issue.

15. Dayman

Dayman Senior member

Yeah, there is a someone on there who sells the brand new. They put a card with their store location in tx and website but the site sells everything at full price. I just got a pair of 1k mile brown Stockton engineer boots for $260 free shipping. Tends to have sales every so often on listing selling shell 721 ltd's for $585 right now. I'm waiting for restock of tan addison ($235) and regular 1k's when in stock are $225. The Horween Predator leather on the Stocktons is amazing.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012