• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's going on there though? Is the leather skin peeling off? Defective chromexcel? I saw a post a while back in here where some guy ended up with a big dark rough spot on his tan 1ks where the top layer had prematurely worn off. This is way worse, looks like chipped paint. I would return / exchange if I were you.

nevereast

Reaction score

no replacements of course - can only return
rotflmao.gif

I liked them so much that I checked amazon - only ones in my size are $200 more than I paid for these

with the QC track record in this thread, i'm not sure I'd fair much better

rotflmao.gif

nevereast

Reaction score
What's going on there though? Is the leather skin peeling off? Defective chromexcel? I saw a post a while back in here where some guy ended up with a big dark rough spot on his tan 1ks where the top layer had prematurely worn off. This is way worse, looks like chipped paint. I would return / exchange if I were you.

no idea - the rest of the CXL is great. This potion on this boot can be scraped off with a thumb nail. It's very weird. i tweeted Horween asking for advice but I have heard nothing back.

nevereast

Reaction score
Looks better for sure, but lipstick on a pig ?
rotflmao.gif
yep

i'll see how the polish does day to day.

if it was under 100 more for factory 1st at this point i'd go for it...but at $380.........no.

I wear them with denim anyways so I am really not concerned with how dressy they are.

milw50717

Reaction score

if it was under 100 more for factory 1st at this point i'd go for it...but at $380.........no.

I amoritise my expensive footwear costs over a minimum expected life of 10 years, makes it easier to swallow the hit to the wallet. It takes me forever to choose footwear, I always make sure that they are readily resoled and expect to resole twice in their lifetime.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

no idea - the rest of the CXL is great. This potion on this boot can be scraped off with a thumb nail. It's very weird. i tweeted Horween asking for advice but I have heard nothing back.

Email Nick directly, he's always quick to reply. Please post here when you find out, I'm curious to know why it's doing that. Might also explain what happened to these boots posted by Winterbourne:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/163864/wolverine-1000-mile-boot-review/2880#post_6094862
http://www.styleforum.net/t/163864/wolverine-1000-mile-boot-review/2880#post_6096230

milw50717

Reaction score

Email Nick directly, he's always quick to reply. Please post here when you find out, I'm curious to know why it's doing that. Might also explain what happened to these boots posted by Winterbourne:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/163864/wolverine-1000-mile-boot-review/2880#post_6094862
http://www.styleforum.net/t/163864/wolverine-1000-mile-boot-review/2880#post_6096230

Just be sure to mention that these boots were sold as seconds.

FWIW I think this issue is different to those encountered by Winterbourne.

nevereast

Reaction score

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Diggidy

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased their boots through F.S. Fashion on Amazon?

Given their discounted prices and the F.S. in their name, I'm guessing they're a factory seconds store?

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone purchased their boots through F.S. Fashion on Amazon? Given their discounted prices and the F.S. in their name, I'm guessing they're a factory seconds store?

IIRC, Wolverine said that FS sold seconds. It is really a crapshoot though. I was at a store looking at "first quality" Wolverine 1ks and every single pair had problems. One had stitches running right off the edge of the welt, several had bull penis leather and another was entirely mismatched in height and color. There was also a pair that had a welt with completely random stitch widths, how does that happen?? I went through 4 pairs myself before finding something somewhat acceptable (with some issues still).

EDIT: BTW, I also noticed with most pairs the right boot sole was narrower than the left boot by a noticeable amount. Bad batch?

Last edited:

SaiZn

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased their boots through F.S. Fashion on Amazon?

Given their discounted prices and the F.S. in their name, I'm guessing they're a factory seconds store?
I know there are some people on reddit that have purchased from them and here are a couple of comments on them: http://www.reddit.com/r/frugalmalef...00_mile_select_styles_up_to_30_off_on/ceqbcvc

You could try having Nordstrom price match them. Yesterday, I was able to have Nordstrom price match NYC Moda, another merchant on Amazon, who had original tans for $235. The first person I talked to via their live chat said they weren't able to since it wasn't sold by Amazon but I tried again 30 minutes later and the new person I talked to didn't care.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elirobertson50