• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Winterbourne

Reaction score
I just received my second pair of Wolverine 1000 Miles; and while I did get them for ~$270 and advertised as "brand new in box" with no mention of factory seconds, a couple of things are overtly visible, but not in a horrific way.

Firstly, the toe on the right boot has a dark spot that looks like a scuff in the leather was polished over. Any advice on concealing this without going darker? I want to preserve the light tan color for as long as I can.

Lastly, the stitching on the welt appears haphazardly done but I would like to know if anything can remove the stains on the white stitching. I read on these forums once that rubbing alcohol can possibly remedy this. Anyone have experience doing so?

Aside from these two blemishes, they are all around a nice looking pair of boots.

Last edited:

JBG89

Reaction score
deleted

Last edited:

milw50717

Reaction score

Firstly, the toe on the right boot has a dark spot that looks like a scuff in the leather was polished over. Any advice on concealing this without going darker? I want to preserve the light tan color for as long as I can.

That mark would annoy me.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't let that mark bother me too much. For one, it's invisible to you when you're wearing it, and hardly visible to others. In addition, as soon as you start actually wearing your boots, you're going to scuff it up quite a bit and then it won't matter at all.

So if you can return it and you choose to, then fine, but if you can't return it, don't let something like that stop you from thoroughly enjoying your new boots.

Winterbourne

Reaction score
To return it I'd have to pay the shipping fee plus the cost to have the new pair shipped to me. I wouldn't mind the mark that much, but I do when the boots are listed as brand new in box and no mention of minor defects associated with it. On the other hand, if I did condition and snoseal them, the mark would be less conspicuous afterwards. On the fence here a little bit regarding what to do.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The stiching does not bother me one bit. The toe would not bother me after I wear it in real life once.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's got to be a second. Why didn't you just get it from Crane's?

Winterbourne

Reaction score
If I were to go about this purchase more judiciously I probably would've chosen Crane's; but having a nascent (and expensive) boot collecting hobby while still attending grad school had me searching for a bargain. Live and learn I suppose.

AmericanLion

Reaction score
I am going to purchase a pair of 1k's this week.

Any recommendations for boot socks? Nothing something to thick because I live in Louisiana. Also, Louisiana is pretty humid..so what do I need to take care of my boots? Anything special because of the humidity? Also, what should I buy just for general care and maintenance?

Any good places to buy shoe tree's and any treatments I need in one place?

I wear a 10 in Converse so what size should I look at getting in the W1K?

Last edited:

acousticfoodie

Reaction score
How many years do your guy's soles last on your 1000 miles? I'm debating whether to add a topy/vibrate sole saver or not. The JR soles I have on my Allen Edmonds are still strong and feel like they'll last a long long time without need a resole. Is this the same experience for your guy's 1Ks?

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How many years do your guy's soles last on your 1000 miles? I'm debating whether to add a topy/vibrate sole saver or not. The JR soles I have on my Allen Edmonds are still strong and feel like they'll last a long long time without need a resole. Is this the same experience for your guy's 1Ks?

I topy'd my soles so I could wear them during the winter, going on three years of wear now and no noticeable need to replace the soles anytime soon.

Brian Itzaina

Reaction score
Does anyone here own both 1,000 miles & Alden 405 Indys for sizing comparison?

thanks!

FENWAY

Reaction score
^ I wear the same size (1/2 size down) in both

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads