• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison Boot

LeatherMcWhip

Reaction score
Finally got my two-tones. On the Fly was kind enough to overnight them at their expense despite the delay being at the factory (their customer service was very responsive and patient with my nagging).
I can confirm the near full size large. I generally wear a 11.5 or 12 and the 11 fit perfectly. The right boot is slightly more burnished than the left but that won't matter once I waterproof them.
Broken in photos to come. Happy Autumn at last!

ElDave

Reaction score
Can anyone post some pictures of some of the darker boots with jeans? Specifically the wingtip variant, if possible? I'm very interested in them but having a hard time picturing them.

Bali26

Reaction score
Just got a pair of Addisons from Revolve. Very happy so far with the quality. I live in Vanocouver Canada, had to pay $40 tax when picked up from post office.

Went a full size down, still have space ahead of toes.

Put on a topy to save the leather sole right after the first walk outside (to make the surface roughen up a little). Made the topy myself.

The only complaint so far is the soft leather sole. The tip (without the topy) already has started wearing out after a couple of kilometers.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any broken in addison pics yet?

Yeah. This is after a year of using thme as work boots and light hikers. It's a cross post from my review thread.

OK so here's what my Addisons look like after a long Winter. Definetly battle scarred but that's to be expected. The weather in MO has been rather mild so rock hunting was the activity of choice. These boots have spent many hours on the gravel and mud bars of the Missouri, Loutre, and Osage rivers not to mention a few dozen small creeks. If anyone here spends any time doing the same thing I'm sure you know all about the black gooey muck found along a river basin. Way nastier than any cow pasture I've drudged through for sure. It also explains why some of the stains are here to stay. I don't think my leather guy could buff them out but then again he may have some magic up his sleeve as well. We'll find out when I get these resoled. I'm thinking this pair might get done up with a rather aggressive Vibram full sole similar to what's found on a logger's boot.

While I was at it I also oiled up my Saddleback satchel which is with me on all these rock collecting activities. Dang thing is tough as nails as well. All I did to both of them was to wipe off the mud and apply liberal doses of boot oil to each. Both are good to go for the Spring rock hunting season....

Bali26

Reaction score
What does the sole look like? My leather soles always gets these many tiny rocks embedded into it. About size of half a grain of rice. I take em out and it leaves a hole behind. The leather sole is definitely these shoes' drawback.

The topy I put didnt work out, i took it off. It was letting water in from one of its tiny pinholes.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What does the sole look like?  My leather soles always gets these many tiny rocks embedded into it. About size of half a grain of rice. I take em out and it leaves a hole behind. The leather sole is definitely these shoes' drawback. 

The topy I put didnt work out, i took it off. It was letting water in from one of its tiny pinholes. 

The soles are worn but I don't seem to have the little rock problem you mentioned. I do however have a small cut on one sole from a sharp piece of flint. Other than that no problems even though they've been around a lot of wet environments. Since I'll be wearing these boots around a lot of scree and gravel is the reason why I'm contemplating a full Vibram resole instead of half soles. Flint shards are unbelievably sharp and I don't want one going through the sole into my foot. That would be a day ruiner for sure.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mistercitizen

Reaction score
I recevied a pair of brown Addisons a couple weeks ago and I'm having my local cobbler install Vibram half sole saver to the original leather soles. He's doing these to the brand new soles, having only been worn on carpet. He said he'd do them for $30. He likes Vibram and claims that they are the best for a "sole saver". I should get them back in a few days so I'll post pictures then.

Ben

mistercitizen

Reaction score
Okay, finally getting around to posting pictures of my Addisons in brown with the Vibram half sole saver that was done by my local cobbler:

My cobbler did a great job putting on the Vibram half sole savers, but he applied black edge dressing around the outside of the sole, covering up the antique, stacked wood look. I removed quite a bit of the edge dressing, but there's still a little left. These got a good brushing and a coat of Obenauf's LP. The Obenauf's did not darken up the brown CXL leather a bit, but it did dull the surface a little. Still, they look great.

Ben

SlvrDragon50

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of factory 2nds, can't wait to get them.

I am a little confused with the prep though. Do I do Sno-seal first then followed by Obenauf's LP then followed by any shoe polish?

edit: Or is it Snoseal OR Obenauf's LP.

Last edited:

LeatherMcWhip

Reaction score
Depending on your color I found that the Snoseal darkened the leather quite a bit. If you're going for look over utility you can probably forgo the Snoseal.

SlvrDragon50

Reaction score
Thanks.

I ordered Obenauf's LP since I got the tan. Assuming it actually ships :/

Ordered Friday morning and it still hasn't shipped out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads