• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winson Shoemaker (Indonesia) Thread...

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am sure the shoes you will wear (black oxfords then?) will not disappoint the celebration.
Think these are my backups right now
edward_green_shannon_dress_boots_new_1569807206_ac1930ca_progressive.jpg

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am sure the shoes you will wear (black oxfords then?)will not disappoint the celebration.
Edit. Did not see those stunning boots!.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I sent Emil a quick email when this thread popped back up, to check on status and ask for a small change if possible, and he wrote this morning to say that some orders are already in process. Hope we see some beautiful boots soon!

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! I love the distinctiveness of his styles. Is that the Aurora last?

I've never handled goat leather. Is it especially soft, or does it have any unique characteristics?

Great looking soles, too. I still have not tried one of those Explosion topies (I think that's what that is), as I have avoided rubber soles in general, but I'm always impressed with how they look. Do they add a lot of life to the sole, or is it mostly about getting better traction?

Last edited:

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! I love the distinctiveness of this styles. Is that the Aurora last?

I've never handled goat leather. Is it especially soft, or does it have any unique characteristics?

Great looking soles, too. I still have not tried one of those Explosion topies (I think that's what that is), as I have avoided rubber soles in general, but I'm always impressed with how they look. Do they add a lot of life to the sole, or is it mostly about getting better traction?
It's my first time handling this type of goat hide for shoes. It was an experimental thing for me. It's definitely not delicate like the thin kid stuff and seems to be low maintenance over all. It's on the supple side but not as supple as kudu. Maybe closer to Utah calf but slightly firmer.

I got a nice scuff on the front. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow to show you how it held up.

I like the explosion topy because it keeps the bottom simple. However, Boston sidewalks are horrible for leather soles in general (and I'm not talking about downtown). They can be uneven with plenty of pebbles. But the worse part is when they become loaded with rock salt during the winter. Just the sound of crunching rock salt under leather soles make me cringe. ?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This side shot is Bananas!
Screenshot_20210928-221909_Chrome.jpg

If the man raised his prices a touch (optional inclusion) for those stiffeners (toe and heels) and begins sourcing a variety of leather options, arguably becomes the best valued shoe out there.

Let's not even talk about how great all his shoes are looking. His current lasts seem to be subtly improving. The Aurora last of today looks improved over the initial offering.

With the next pair @deez shoes receives we are definitely going to see something grand.

Psyko

Reaction score
Man, this looks so good. Does he have any cool SpTD make ups? Preferably on the casual side of the spectrum?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads