• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winson Shoemaker (Indonesia) Thread...

ajay199127

Reaction score
I have low volume, low instep feet. Simpson and C3 are two of my best RTW fits without modifications. Aurora without modifications was significantly too tight in the toe box and they’ve been fighting with my pair of shoe stretchers all winter to hopefully be ready by the summer.

Even I have the same comments. PU of Oct10 barring the high instep is my favourite. Did you acquire the aurora in TTS?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even I have the same comments. PU of Oct10 barring the high instep is my favourite. Did you acquire the aurora in TTS?
I did. If I’d gone up in size I would have gotten a poor fit. A case of “some lasts just won’t work for my feet without modifications” - I’ve got a feeling that TTS + adding about a 3MM layer on the toe box would solve it if I really got desperate but I don’t need to gamble on it.

ajay199127

Reaction score
Would the equinox look good on the kirin or qilin last? I personally don't think so.

PS: Please feel free to be fully transparent with your opinion.

ajay199127

Reaction score
It depends but I guess for boots maybe not too bad because you can always wear thicker socks to fill any void but it's not perfect.

Similar to how people go down 0.5 size for deco instead of 1 full size .....maybe?

Speaking of the deco, they fit great with + 1/2 UK. Is the aurora comparable to the deco?

ajay199127

Reaction score

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 16.02.55.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 16.02.55.png
    918.7 KB · Views: 51

ajay199127

Reaction score
I see. I advise you to work with Emil on that order.

I have been speaking on and off for the past 3 months because he stated that the modification on the aurora last is difficult previously.

But, I like his model, work so much that I wanted to take the plunge at +1/2 size, then again a shoe is only good when worn, so the conundrum :/

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been speaking on and off for the past 3 months because he stated that the modification on the aurora last is difficult previously.

But, I like his model, work so much that I wanted to take the plunge at +1/2 size, then again a shoe is only good when worn, so the conundrum :/
Then I suggest you wait until Emil rolls out the new last that he's working on which is based on the aurora last. Hopefully we'll get something this year.

ajay199127

Reaction score
Then I suggest you wait until Emil rolls out the new last that he's working on which is based on the aurora last. Hopefully we'll get something this year.
Or until he opens the bespoke last program back up to a waiting list.

Thank you for the advice, sounds fair. I'd rather not make rash purchases just for the sake of it.

evangel21

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice, sounds fair. I'd rather not make rash purchases just for the sake of it.

Not wanting to throw a curve ball here. I commissioned a pair in the Aurora last. I liked the last a lot. Spoke at length with Emil, sending him my measurements, photos of feet, size of my different shoes and described the fit of all of them.

Emil was confident to recommend I take Aurora in my standard size.

I'm taking a risk here and fingers crossed that it will work.
Shoes may or may work fit well but we will cross that when we come.

ajay199127

Reaction score
Not wanting to throw a curve ball here. I commissioned a pair in the Aurora last. I liked the last a lot. Spoke at length with Emil, sending him my measurements, photos of feet, size of my different shoes and described the fit of all of them.

Emil was confident to recommend I take Aurora in my standard size.

I'm taking a risk here and fingers crossed that it will work.
Shoes may or may work fit well but we will cross that when we come.

Emil just responded that my foot is just not cut out for the aurora last. In his words, modifying the width alone is pointless as Aurora's last are for narrow feet, high arch and instep and changing the last too much disorient's the last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads