1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

wings+horns F/W 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by misterjuiceman, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

damn all the henleys are sold out in M? crazy. Been trying on almost 10 e-stores!

2. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

Roden Gray and Nomad both still have M online.

Edit: Oh, maybe you're not looking for the cashmere ones. :embar:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  3. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

Should have mentioned I don't want black or grey ;)

4. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Checked out that warehouse sale that bawlin posted about... all leftovers from last time's sample sale. A lot of seconds as well so beware.

5. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior member

Yep, that warehouse sale is all the stuff from WH's previous sample sales. Whatever didn't sell from the previous couple years. I got a nom de guerre hoodie and a fleece blazer. Go if you are a medium, lots of sizes for you.

6. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Was there lots of stuff there?

7. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Tons of stuff there but nothing "special" really

8. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

[​IMG]

Ordered this from Brigade in Ohio. Shipping was crazy fast to NYC, they shipped same day and I ordered later in the afternoon. Great service.

This is my first wings+horns piece. I honestly just decided to take the plunge because I kept hearing time and time again that they had the best hoodies out there. I have to say I'm beyond impressed. Great fit - perfect for me since I am slim and have looooong arms. The large loop material is warm and perfect. This may become a problem haha.

Anyways couple of quick questions:
    Is everything else from wings+horns really high quality? What are some of the must have staples that they make? I could never imagine myself paying $200 for a hoodie and thinking I got a great deal, but I do. Can anyone comment on the henleys, or t shirts?

Also - I know Reigning champ is owned by the same company. Is the fit on their hoodies similar? How about the quality?

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  9. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

Everything that I've handled is very good quality. I bought a short sleeve henley for about 50% off, for which I would have no trouble paying full price. I can't really imagine it being much better. I really like their chinos, too. Their tiger fleece is pretty nice also, but I've actually never handled the large loop stuff. I prefer RRL for denim, but that's just me. Maybe check out Ssense.com, they stock RC and w+h and list measurements for both brands, so you can easily compare sizing.

10. xdawes23

xdawes23 Senior member

@nepants

I just recently bought one of their henlees, and I really like it. Its comfortable and it accentuates the fact that I work out. I bought the thicker and warmer henlee, which consists of 92% cotton and 8% cashmere.

11. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

thanks guys. I was looking at that henley - is the 8% cashmere enough to make it really warm? Anyone have any of their t shirts?

12. 89andy

89andy Senior member

8% cashmere just sounds like a gimmick to charge a lot more, tbh.

13. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

8% cashmere is like nothing lol..

14. Mossy

Mossy Senior member

I definitely wouldn't describe the 8% cashmere henley's as "really warm." They are pretty thin. The small amount of cashmere is noticeable though (softer than your typical w+h henley). The highlight of these things is the cut. I've been buying w+h henleys for years (s/s and f/w) and these ones easily have the best fit.

15. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

Are these part-cashmere henleys machine washable? I couldn't find anything on the website or the websites of any of the retailers, so I assumed they were but I figured it can't hurt to check. I really like the darker gray one.

16. xdawes23

xdawes23 Senior member

The henlee's are hand-wash, and lay flat to dry.

I think most of their collection is either hand-wash or dry clean. `

17. dan87

dan87 Active Member

i will be doing pick ups for the upcoming warehouse sale in Vancouver. please pm what size and what items you are interested in

18. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior member

^good luck with that, blazingazn will tell you it's not worth the time and the stock is a crapshoot
    I will be there to buy things I will wear and leave lots for my fellow vancouver sf'ers

19. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Concur.

You'll have a big list of shit to grab and approximately 80% of it won't be available.
    And your time is worth more than what you would make on proxy fees. Even as a jobless student!

Honestly, just buy what you, your friends, family want.
    And if you end up not liking something- Buy and Sell is available.

Wings and Horns sells like hot cakes if you list it at the market price.

20. eseanyang

eseanyang Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Should I pick any of these up? I really like the tanker pants, but damn at 255 thats expense, the wool pants are 290 :facepalm: