wings+horns F/W 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by misterjuiceman, Jun 4, 2012.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

The way Wings is pricing their FW outerwear, I might as well just get Junya.

2. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

Is there any chance of getting a large loop hoodie on sale or should I just pull the trigger full price?

3. MonsieurLock

MonsieurLock Senior member

Nepats, your best bet is too check the stockist, and see who has a large loop online, and then check their sale page. If they have a lot of summer stuff up there for sale, then you might want to wait. I can't see the official site having much on sale, because some of the stuff from F/W that was on the site is now coming up "not in stock", but who knows. I kind of said fuck it and went for it full price. It's a great piece, and both the hoody and sweats have gotten a lot of compliments, as well as stares, with people wondering who makes it. I myself wish they made a robe in the large loop instead of tiger fleece because I would be all over that.

If you live in Vancouver W+H and R.C. are having a warehouse sale...

http://www.wingsandhorns.com/2012/10/10/warehouse-sale-2012-2/

4. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Jesus. I go to this every year and always grab things I never wear.

Strict diet of tiger fleece and westpoint chinos this year. Couldn't find my size in either for the past two or three.

5. MonsieurLock

I was saying the same thing. Although I myself would rather wear W+H just because I can pull it off. Junya outerwear makes me look awkward besides a few pieces. The prices though are basically whats stopping me from actually buying anything. The outerwear is definitely something I'd wait for 50-60% drop. Like the A2 jacket is great but for $880 I can't do it.

[​IMG]

Also, anyone have any thoughts on the military jacket and pants. I'm definitely diggin them, but at 500 and 300, it again like most of the stuff seems steep.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What they should do is drop all their prices 25-30% and see how much more people would be buying. I myself would feel a lot better about buying from them, and would continue to grab more pieces. Rather than sitting and being picky,only getting 1 or 2 items each season becuase of the cost. Reason being is I would wear a majority of the line, unlike a lot of other brands where it's a few things here and there.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  6. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I can buy a ToJ MTM leather bomber for less than the W+H wool one above (that doesn't even look good). They're really getting into Buzz Rickson/Junya/etc. type prices for pretty average stuff. They're not DVN or Balenciaga, who's going to pay for that?

7. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

But the asshole walking into Holt Renfrew has no idea what ToJ is. And sadly this asshole is who W+H is trying to target.

It *IS* a shame because W+H has always been one of the most wearable brands I can think of, but they are pricing themselves out of the market.

8. MonsieurLock

@Cyc

Yeah I agree with you on that. I read my post again and realized it said "its great buy for $880" but it was supposed to be "it's great "but" for $880 I can't do it." It's crazy where they come up with the price like that. I myself hope people don't buy into most of the stuff, in hopes that next seasons will be a normal/do able price.

9. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

But people still buy.

10. MonsieurLock

"they are pricing themselves out of the market"

11. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

maybe its just me but every season i find a larger selection of their stuff still available at 50% off, main reason i've been holding off purchases at retail. in Toronto alone, between nomad, tnt, j+o and now haven, im bound to find what i want in my size, and if not theres plenty of online options

12. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

^^^
    I wish the Camo jacquard shirt (sulphur) wasn't so popular but after seeing all of the regular spots sell out in my size I had to jump. I wish I would have got my head out my butt and ordered during Acrimony's sale 2 weeks ago.

I hope to pick up some more basics and outerwear on sale though.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  13. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

Does anyone know how much prices are marked down during their warehouse sale? 50% ? more?

Also for their sneakers - I wear a 10.5 in basically all jordans, nikes and air maxes. Would I wear a 10.5 in W+H as well?

14. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

50-70% roughly.

I'm a 9.5 in Jordans and a 42 in W+H footwear FYI.

15. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member