• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings & Horns and W+H/Spruce sample sale

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to let everyone know, I got your pm's. I'll try and get as many hoodies as possible for everyone. Obviously I'll be of limited funds but I'll do my best. I'll pm everyone back probably Sunday with the results.

Valgar

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for doing this. Even if I don't get one this is such a great gesture.

likewtfyo

Reaction score
damn, been wanting to own one of those tiger fleece for a mighty long time
frown.gif

no hookups
frown.gif

sigh.

Tiranis

Reaction score
Ha, heading over to the sample sale in a while. In any case, if somebody wants something TODAY e-mail me at: apapirovski [at] mac [dot] com Otherwise just PM me and I'll try to get it tomorrow. I've got tons of cash, so I can get quite a lot of stuff—though keep in mind I'm just one person and not a very big one at that.
tongue.gif

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is kind of ridiculous: everyone needs to get their shopping lists on a single page so anyone who goes can print it out and stick it in their pockets. Maybe the Wiki would be a suitable place to do this or one of the mods can figure something out in the forum?

Kane

Reaction score
Wow. Didn't know we had a cute girl working the front today.

So who are the two wiseguys who walked out with boxes of stuff first thing this morning?

Geesh.

Kane

Reaction score
Got your love coming right up. Just got to take pictures first.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, by the time I got there there was barely any hoodies left! So yeah, sorry for those people who wanted hookups. Kane c'mon man, you gotta open up a bit early for StyleForum members
wink.gif
I want my tiger fleece! The moment the box of stock fell on the floor, some girl snatched up the ONE tiger fleece that was in there! And yeah, that girl was cute, man. And those two guys who walked out with two huge boxes, damn. Also, just a question. Any chance the W+H hoodies will soften up after wash? I am finding the cotton is a bit stiff.

kumoo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kane
Wow. Didn't know we had a cute girl working the front today.

So who are the two wiseguys who walked out with boxes of stuff first thing this morning?

Geesh.

me and my buddy.. we love you guys
inlove.gif

metkirk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kumoo
me and my buddy.. we love you guys
inlove.gif

You'd better share them hoodies or SF will hate you forever
devil.gif

Kane

Reaction score
As Fok would say: "BASTAAAA!"

I'm not working the sale, but I know that we -are- dropping boxes regularly as often as we can (while keeping lines moving and the place clean).

Depending on what you bought (remember, this -is- a sample sale) it should soften up as it's worn. I believe the Tiger fleece doesn't change much, the regular heavyweight fleece 'breathes'. Softens as you wear, stiffens up after it shrinks a little after a wash and hot dry, then softens again.

Over time, as you wash and dry, the fabric sheds those little little fibers that make a garment soft to the touch, and that happens to all knits. That's why you get all sorts of nice fuzz in lint traps, boys and girls.

monolith

Reaction score
hey Kane, can you elaborate any on the "friends sample sale in march" i heard one of the guys working there mention?

ineffable

Reaction score
any idea what the best time to go is/when new stuff is going to be in?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads