• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings and Horns FW 09

fogg

Reaction score
I just got my thermal pro hoodie in the mail (Thanks, Guy and Four Horseman) and I have to say I'm really impressed with it.

It's not at all what I thought it would be when I preordered it (I was expecting a thermal lined hoodie) but is great in a totally different way. It's made out of polartec thermal fleece and comes out as a really good combination of technical outwear with Wings & Horns cut, attention to detail and trims (the under armpits, cuffs, waist and hoodie are all made/lined of the same ribbed material their hoodies use). The pockets are also zippered and fully taped, which is a cool touch.

If anyone is looking for a piece of fleece they can wear as either an inner layer, a hoodie or as a light jacket but wants it to be cut slim this is a really good option. My only complaint so far would be that, though the arms are nice and slim, the cuffs are a bit looser than I'd like.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just a quick question for you guys. Are you all still digging the Tiger Fleece or are you over it???

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
Just a quick question for you guys. Are you all still digging the Tiger Fleece or are you over it???

Me, I'm sort of done with it. I did just get blanket, for my wife, but the last season I bought a tiger fleece garment was in FW06. I have too much of the stuff. I suppose that if they came out with something really incredible, I'd get it, but I think that the direction they are going in is the right one.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
29.jpg
so does anyone carry the brown/navy in small? looks like everyone is sold out or is anyone doing a reorder?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm over it myself and agree with Mr. LA Guy below. I'm over hoodies for the most part in general I believe. Just doesn't go with my aesthetic anymore. Owning one good quality fashion hoodie works for me. I have a few beaters that I use for fall/winter for trips to the gym and running errands and ****, but not much for fashion anymore.

Originally Posted by LA Guy
Me, I'm sort of done with it. I did just get blanket, for my wife, but the last season I bought a tiger fleece garment was in FW06. I have too much of the stuff. I suppose that if they came out with something really incredible, I'd get it, but I think that the direction they are going in is the right one.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude

so does anyone carry the brown/navy in small? looks like everyone is sold out

or is anyone doing a reorder?

Crazy Korean Dude...you are a mutha totin' cop machine brah. Seek counseling, didn't I get throught to you already?!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah arent they no longer making them anyway?

i just feel like once you have one, you dont need anymore ...

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Crazy Korean Dude...you are a mutha totin' cop machine brah. Seek counseling, didn't I get throught to you already?!
lol all i do is shop ... i do have a problem. its my stress relief from school. all my money goes to the affiliates, pretty much majority to Farinellis and then Context

fogg

Reaction score
I'd say tiger fleece is getting a bit boring, especially now that they only do one (or maybe 2) colors. I have a few and would like one of the newer versions just for the different pockets, but I think they've done pretty much all they can do with tiger fleece.

At the same time I think it would be a smart move for Wings & Horns to either continue release them either in small quantities or maybe only every couple years. It's pretty much the thing everyone knows them for and stopping completely would kill off what could be their signature (like, say, Supreme's box logo tees). Whenever they do sample sales tiger fleece is still what goes first...

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
lol all i do is shop ... i do have a problem. its my stress relief from school. all my money goes to the affiliates, pretty much majority to Farinellis and then Context

I got a solution...I'll send you my paypal address and you can forward it there. I'll just "hold" onto to it "temporarily" until we get you fully over your problem.

Repeat after me....Hi my name is randomkoreandue...and I'm a cop-aholic.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think going forward they will stop doing the tiger hoodie I have the varsitey jacket coming in 3 weeks. I have xs,s,m,l

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think going forward they will stop doing the tiger hoodie I have the varsitey jacket coming in 3 weeks. I have xs,s,m,l

god mauro more money coming at you ... im pming you

wttm

Reaction score
I've own plenty of TFs in the past and I don't mind getting more if I need a hoodie again. I feel that CYC is playing it safe and they dont really make any of the nicer colours that they used to. I guess they are trying to mature their label and leave those stuff for RC. They should really bring back the TF with the black interior. Those navy/red/olive/green/purple on black were the best albeit the difficulity to track down slim fits when they first introduced slim/classic variation.

fogg

Reaction score
I think that's because they decided to go in more of a subtle, mature direction when they hired their new designer. I love my red/black and blue/black tiger fleece hoodies, but I definitely wouldn't say they are subtle...

wttm

Reaction score
Yeah like I said, they are probably maturing their label, but don't you think those black ones were amongst the best TFs?
Their "Diamond" era fitted me the best, but I've never tried the new hybrid yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads