1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wine etiquette

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by mschumacher, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

Vinegar is always an option. Good thinking on her part.
    One regret I have about our wine cellar: that we didn't get a bigger model. We already squeeze in more bottles than it is supposed to contain. Once friends and family know it is an interest of yours and become intrigued by the wine cellar and its contents, they usually remember you when they travel.

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I got a couple of Eurocaves, and they seem to do the job quite well, one fairly large one for reds and one slightly smaller one for whites/sparkling. Wine Enthusiast has pretty affordable smaller cellars as well ($230 or so) but the Eurocaves are pretty nice afaik.

3. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

I'm interested in any model that will allow clandestine lodging of homeless bottles.

4. kabert

kabert Senior member

Another option -- an offsite commercial wine storage facility.  I rent a wine "locker" at a place about 8 minutes from my house.  It's not as convenient as I'd like, but especially during the 3 months of July, August and September when the temp in my basement reaches about 70 degrees, I'm happy most of my wine is there.  I still keep a bunch of everyday wine, along with a sampling of better wines, at home year-round, but I no longer stress out about whether the good stuff is rapidly going bad in my basement.

An added bonus -- most of my newly bought wine goes straight there; so my wife never gets a chance to see it come in the door of our house (and comment on how we have way too much wine.).

5. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

Very clever. I never thought about it, or knew this was available. Obviously, friends of ours know of the concept: they are currently storing two of their best bottles... in our cellar.

My husband is one of these romantics who likes to turn on the light in the wine cellar and smile at our collection. We thought about digging a cellar in the yard, but the cost is not quite yet warranted. Although?