• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will I need to iron this Brooks Brothers Supima oxford?

JonM

Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is my first post. I was planning to do a little more lurking actually, but I got into a situation where I could use some quick advice...

I just ordered three dress shirts from Brooks Brothers, taking advantage of a sale that was in effect until midnight. I guess I was a little rushed, because I meant to include a couple of non-iron oxfords, and I ended up getting regular oxfords instead. I was planning to get this, and I got this instead.

So I was thinking of calling them up and asking them to replace the regular oxfords with the non-iron ones. They would still give me the sale price even though the sale ended at midnight, wouldn't they?

But then I noticed that the non-irons aren't available in the exact size I was gonna get, which is 16.5/36. I could get them in 16/36. And actually, I'm not a hundred percent sure of my neck size. I know 15.5 is too small, and 17 is too big.

The other thing is that the oxfords were sort of intended to be semi-casual. I would probably be wearing them with the top two buttons unbuttoned most of the time, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if the neck was a little tight. Then again, why eliminate the option of wearing them buttoned with a tie unless I have to?

So anyway, my question is, what can I expect from the regular Supima oxfords if I just let the order stand? I don't really want to have to iron them. Are they very wrinkly? I think of oxford cloth as not wrinkling very easily in the first place, but then again, most oxfords I've worn up till now have been cotton/polyester blends.

I guess I'm thinking if the regular oxfords are nice and don't wrinkle much, I'll go with them, but if they're not gonna look good without ironing, I'd prefer to go with the non-iron ones, even if that means I have to compromise a little on the size.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The quality of the cotton means that it'll feel great and wrinkle more. Unless you're Pete Doherty, you'll have to iron it.

JonM

Reaction score
Thanks, letmebefell. I'm not much of an ironer, so I'm gonna go with the non-irons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads