• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes CT's new Dainite soled boots/shoes?

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's an attempt to snare the ignorant. The customer will read the rubbish on the website and think price = quality and grab what they think is a bargain. Most people know nothing about shoes.

Caveat emptor!

Should be clear also for ignorant about shoes that the real price is the reduced price.
Only a stupid can think that all shoes and all other items listed on website are reduced, for 365 days a year.

Last edited:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got another reply (I asked if the soles were Dainite's):

"The Coniston Full Brogue Shoe were made in India and the Conker Lindale Military Boots were made in England. I am sorry to inform you that we do not have the information with regards to what type of rubber the soles are made of."

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably:

Made in India, Dainite imitation (this is pic of the longwing)

ctshirts

Made in England, original dainite studded like 1880 line.

My boots have real Dainite , lining says made in england

Last edited:

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dainite makes some different versions for various makers they supply.
For instance on Crockett and Jones you will normally find 11 studs, 2 in the shank area.
I use authentic Dainite parts. On the soles we use there are 12 studs, 3 in the shank area.
Regardless, of the specific pattern, it is consistently the best rubber I have used.
As we all know there are lots of imitation Dainite soles. The problem is the rubber is not nearly the quality as Dainite.
I have seen (many times) that on the imitations the toe tears away on the seam where it is stitched. That's because of the inferior rubber the knock-offs are made of. All it takes is to accidently kick the toe of the sole. Doesn't happen all the time but I've never seen it happen with authentic Dainite.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Nick, thanks for the heads up.

Slightly off-topic: but how are you experiences with the Vibram Eton sole (Dainite studded sole look-alike)?

Last edited:

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Never used them. Last I heard they are not available here in the U.S.
I use lots of Vibram products. They are very good quality and have a wide range of offerings.
IMO Daintier is of superior quality though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads