• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who made this CT Boot

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know who made this boot for CT? They are currently sold out and I'm looking for something similar (in a wide/G fit). http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/productMSB...s&level3=G-Fit
MCGMIL_1.jpg

Percy Trimmer

Reaction score
The received view is that all CT shoes are made by Loake.
Every so often someone suggests here or elsewhere that some might be made by Barker (or some other manufacturer).
Then someone phones up CT and they say Loake.
I have to say these look very like a pair of Barkers I have.

Trimmer

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's been much talk recently, though, that they've switched manufacturers and will no longer say who makes them.

b

Percy Trimmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Percy Trimmer
The received view is that all CT shoes are made by Loake.
Every so often someone suggests here or elsewhere that some might be made by Barker (or some other manufacturer).
Then someone phones up CT and they say Loake.
I have to say these look very like a pair of Barkers I have.

Trimmer

I saw shoes marked with CT codes in the Barker sale in Regent Street last week.

Trimmer

minimal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
C&J Coniston boot

http://www.bensilver.com/fs_storefro...y=2147&group=1

I think John is saying that these are a (nicer) replacement for the CT shoes, not that C&J makes the CT version.

I saw the CT shoe the other day, and it's pretty nice. The toe's not too rounded, which I like. The construction seems a little "rough", but not out of place for this style. (e.g. the welt has a little bit of an "unfinished" look...)

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minimal
I think John is saying that these are a (nicer) replacement for the CT shoes, not that C&J makes the CT version.

I saw the CT shoe the other day, and it's pretty nice. The toe's not too rounded, which I like. The construction seems a little "rough", but not out of place for this style. (e.g. the welt has a little bit of an "unfinished" look...)

Yah, that's basically what I meant. And EG has the same looking boot and it's even more.

evanmax

Reaction score
I purchased this boot from CT during the after-Christmas sale. On the first pair I received, one of the grommets fell off, which in turn, caused the metal tie to fall off. I called CT and they sent a replacement pair w/o question. On the replacement pair, however, after wearing the boots only twice, a number of the grommets on both boots became loose, and it was clear that it was only a matter of time before the metal clasps came off. Needless to say, I returned the replacement pair, demanded a refund, and then ordered a pair of C&J Coniston boots.

All in all, I was not impressed with the quality of this boot. If what I experienced is typical when dealing with CT products, I'd be surprised if they can develop a loyal, knowledgeable following. Based on my experience, I will not purchase footwear from them again.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'd think instead of cutting corners in quality and then having to spend a fortune replacing faulty items that CT would just raise their quality and their prices.

juniper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
You'd think instead of cutting corners in quality and then having to spend a fortune replacing faulty items that CT would just raise their quality and their prices.

Most people wouldn't care. Most people aren't like us. So it's hardly a fortune.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads