• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whnay.'s good taste thread

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that spring is here, I feel like I need to put away my mid-gray flannel pants. What is the spring/summer equivalent? I have gray gabardine, but they lack the texture of the flannel.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Now that spring is here, I feel like I need to put away my mid-gray flannel pants. What is the spring/summer equivalent? I have gray gabardine, but they lack the texture of the flannel.

Fresco / variegated tropical wool. I'd also suggest dressy chinos for less formal occasions.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Let's see which category this falls into...
I know I'm not one of the ordained, but I want to play. You should put that square back in the garage where you found it, :D. I really like all the other elements, but the ensemble doesn't work as well as a lot of your other fits.
Put this together for a wedding. I know Manton doesn't like the jacket, any thoughts? Good taste?
I don't love that jacket either, but I'm biased against most warm-colored odd jackets because they usually look dated, so perhaps my opinion is not valuable. I think that square is terrible, but Foo's cream square would make the look work, overall.

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I said I wasn't going to Foo anymore, so I won't, but: double paisley?!?

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Caustic -
Green PS is not good IMHO. Looks like you got hit in the chest by a paint ball gun. I'd say that's just not a good color for a PS in general. The pindot tie is a little "business" for the houndstooth SC too.

ms-
For me the summer equivalent of mid-grey flannels is natural-color linen.

GENERAL COMMENT: USE SPOILERS!!!!!

It is really easy. Just highlight the stuff you want to spoiler and click the little black comment box in the middle of the icons on top of of the text box. If you're really too lazy to do that, then don't quote posts, and instead just write "Victor, looking great" or, even better if you just want to give generic positive feedback, click the thumbs up thingie. That's what it's there for.

Last edited:

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the summer trouser suggestions. What about spring or cooler summer days? This would be for days where it is too cool for tropical weight or linen, like April and May in the Northeast? I plan on going with mid-gray gabardine until June, along with recently-acquired dress chinos.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads