• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Mountaineering

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shirt better be amazing for $490, otherwise it goes back and I get my refund. No harm no foul.

I do hope Scotts words are just hearsay, tho. Cause the panel shirt LOOKS great. But I remember handling the junya shirt jacket and I was like "whatever".

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The shirt better be amazing for $490, otherwise it goes back and I get my refund. No harm no foul.

I do hope Scotts words are just hearsay, tho. Cause the panel shirt LOOKS great. But I remember handling the junya shirt jacket and I was like "whatever".

pretty sure scott has handled the stuff he is talking about. he knows his ****.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nothing I've seen WM put out has been "bad" but some things are a little underwhelming, especially when considering the retail price.

Knits look great but won't blow you away when handled, the shirting can be very cool but not $450 cool, and, at risk of "defending" a brand, I still think their outwear is very, very nice.

One interesting thing about WM is that they make all of their fabrics in-house each season, so interpret that how you will, for better and for worse.

I can see what scott is saying about the patchwork blazer being frail, but I really liked that about it. I wasn't too substantial and it became more of just a sort of jacket to throw on like a cardigan or something.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I tried on some junya outerwear and shirts the other day, wasn't incredibly impressed either.. Though I think with fashion you pay more for style than substance.

Like wings + horns is supposedly 'bulletproof' though buttons fall of their stuff all the time, I have two pairs of the slub selvedge pants, and I think between the two i've had 7 buttons fall off.

Besides if you find the wm stuff too expensive you can always proxy it.. it's a great deal cheaper in Japan.. most shirting is under 30000 yen... with a lot well below 25000

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good advice on ANYTHING

Disagree with Scott here a bit tho, I think knits etc. feel pretty solid--then again I don't have a closet full of JW to compare it to :)

I, too, wouldn't be buying solid basics from WM. Plenty of well-made basics on the market these days. WM's appeal is in the wild stuff.
And I agree with you and Tween, the outerwear is where they shine, that blazer was just a piece I was really into, and it let me down, also, Odin not stocking a 0 or 1 made it very impossible for me to properly enjoy it. bergdorf's selection was good, but for what it is, stick to the tech gear.
The shirt better be amazing for $490, otherwise it goes back and I get my refund. No harm no foul. I do hope Scotts words are just hearsay, tho. Cause the panel shirt LOOKS great. But I remember handling the junya shirt jacket and I was like "whatever".
pretty sure scott has handled the stuff he is talking about. he knows his ****.
I handled every piece in NYC, went to Bergdorf and to Odin, all the stockists that have received anything yet, to my knowledge. Bergdorf's buy was far superior, so to get a good grasp of the brand, go there, for the tamer pieces go there, though they have a shitload of accessories.

jwjp

Reaction score
Just received the logger shirt (sup aether) from End. Initial reactions: the fabric is awesome - soft and looks really nice from a distance - and construction feels solid. Fits pretty much perfect (I'm a medium and bought a large). However I can't justify keeping it. It isn't worth £350 to me, at this time in my life. Also I look like a ******* cowboy when I wear it.

brightorangetrousers

Reaction score

Just received the logger shirt (sup aether) from End. Initial reactions: the fabric is awesome - soft and looks really nice from a distance - and construction feels solid. Fits pretty much perfect (I'm a medium and bought a large). However I can't justify keeping it. It isn't worth £350 to me, at this time in my life. Also I look like a ******* cowboy when I wear it.

How long are the sleeves (shoulder seam to cuff) on that thing?

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

for sure. I ordered one size up and went with an XL. Was it really that weastern?

jwjp

Reaction score
It doesn't look that cowboy, i just tried it on at first wearing jeans and that seemed too much. I think it needs to be balanced out with some techy or some drapey stuff. It really grew on me over the course of today - I wore it in the house with geller flight pants in olive which looked really awesome - but i think i'm still going to send it back :( If it were £100 cheaper then maybe i'd keep it...

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It doesn't look that cowboy, i just tried it on at first wearing jeans and that seemed too much. I think it needs to be balanced out with some techy or some drapey stuff. It really grew on me over the course of today - I wore it in the house with geller flight pants in olive which looked really awesome - but i think i'm still going to send it back :( If it were £100 cheaper then maybe i'd keep it...

odd that you'd think that it would look western, when it's clearly a northern logger shirt *snigger*. most western shirts look way better when wearing with pants, not jeans.. lately i'm not really a fan of wearing jeans anymore, except with t-shirts...

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought the socks yet? I'd love to see how you guys are incorporating them into a fit

YoungM

Reaction score

Besides if you find the wm stuff too expensive you can always proxy it.. it's a great deal cheaper in Japan.. most shirting is under 30000 yen... with a lot well below 25000

Do you happen to know what prices are like on the gore-tex coats?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads