• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Mountaineering

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WHY AM I NOT A MILLIONAIRE

This thread makes me so sad/excited

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WHY AM I NOT A MILLIONAIRE

This thread makes me so sad/excited

You just have to scale back the amount you purchase.. instead of two shirts, buy one WM... Still kind of upset no one is carrying those slim asymmetrical tuck pants...

bsyde82

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask again if anyone can answer - how does their Wardrobe line compare to their mainline in terms of sizing? particularly interested in the sizing of their shirts.

Thanks

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just wanted to ask again if anyone can answer - how does their Wardrobe line compare to their mainline in terms of sizing? particularly interested in the sizing of their shirts.

Thanks

Wardrobe 3 = Large...

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just shoot 'em an email and ask.

highfalutin

Reaction score
You guys rock. The inventory lists for two stockists are already in this thread. So helpful. Do you think White Mountaineering clothes from this season will look dated in a few years?

Last edited:

jwjp

Reaction score
^The more outrageous pieces will probably look hella dated but most of it will age fairly well (i hope)
I picked up some socks from the S/S sale at hostem :slayer:

They're really comfy and warm; not summer weight at all. The weave looks completely different stretched out on your foot. The "White Mountaineering" print on the bottom will rub off after a few wears/washes as well. I really like them though - new favourite socks and the start of a long and expensive relationship with this brand.
At least White Mountaineering will keep me warm when i'm sleeping on the streets...

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jwjp, I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see if they ship to the US. How much did the socks run on sale?

Also, stopped into Frances May two days ago and tried on the red geometric snowflake sweater. Beautiful material and color, super soft hand. Also, TTS. I tried a 1 and it fit snug but not too tight. I'm a traditional smedium. Hope this helps!

jaac

Reaction score
30 euro is still too much for socks =/. Even if they are as rad as those ones.

jwjp

Reaction score

jwjp, I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see if they ship to the US. How much did the socks run on sale?

Also, stopped into Frances May two days ago and tried on the red geometric snowflake sweater. Beautiful material and color, super soft hand. Also, TTS. I tried a 1 and it fit snug but not too tight. I'm a traditional smedium. Hope this helps!

The webshop ( http://www.43hostem.co.uk/shopping/sale/white-mountaineering/items.aspx?userd=1 ) is either run by or affiliated with farfetch, so i think shipping to the US shouldn't be a problem. There's 30% off all WM so £28 down from £40.

What was the length like on the arms? Something tells me i'm going to be too long. Still glad it's tts!

30 euro is still too much for socks =/. Even if they are as rad as those ones.

I've managed to trick myself into thinking socks are equally if not more important than other items of clothing so i can justify this price :embar:

karmaguy

Reaction score
damn theyve got the WM Desert boot on sale for 550 in my size....must resist urge to cop

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up the espadrille boots, super stoked on those! Went against my original Blue's and went for the gray.. more versatile methinks.

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jwjp, the arm length was relatively long. I could have prolly rolled the sleeves back an inch or so and my arms are of average length.

habitant, I was tempted to grab those too! Pretty good price on them and they really remind me of Prada creepers in boot form. Nice kop

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've managed to trick myself into thinking socks are equally if not more important than other items of clothing so i can justify this price :embar:

expensive socks are the perfect gift. Too much to justify when buying yourself, but not too much that you couldn't afford to buy them as a gift.

christmas or birthday i will ask my mum. lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads