1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

White Mountaineering

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Dec 13, 2010.

1. aether

aether Senior member

The shirt better be amazing for $490, otherwise it goes back and I get my refund. No harm no foul.

I do hope Scotts words are just hearsay, tho. Cause the panel shirt LOOKS great. But I remember handling the junya shirt jacket and I was like "whatever".

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

pretty sure scott has handled the stuff he is talking about. he knows his shit.

3. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Nothing I've seen WM put out has been "bad" but some things are a little underwhelming, especially when considering the retail price.

Knits look great but won't blow you away when handled, the shirting can be very cool but not $450 cool, and, at risk of "defending" a brand, I still think their outwear is very, very nice.

One interesting thing about WM is that they make all of their fabrics in-house each season, so interpret that how you will, for better and for worse.

I can see what scott is saying about the patchwork blazer being frail, but I really liked that about it. I wasn't too substantial and it became more of just a sort of jacket to throw on like a cardigan or something.

4. habitant

habitant Senior member

I tried on some junya outerwear and shirts the other day, wasn't incredibly impressed either.. Though I think with fashion you pay more for style than substance.

Like wings + horns is supposedly 'bulletproof' though buttons fall of their stuff all the time, I have two pairs of the slub selvedge pants, and I think between the two i've had 7 buttons fall off.

Besides if you find the wm stuff too expensive you can always proxy it.. it's a great deal cheaper in Japan.. most shirting is under 30000 yen... with a lot well below 25000

5. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

And I agree with you and Tween, the outerwear is where they shine, that blazer was just a piece I was really into, and it let me down, also, Odin not stocking a 0 or 1 made it very impossible for me to properly enjoy it. bergdorf's selection was good, but for what it is, stick to the tech gear.
    I handled every piece in NYC, went to Bergdorf and to Odin, all the stockists that have received anything yet, to my knowledge. Bergdorf's buy was far superior, so to get a good grasp of the brand, go there, for the tamer pieces go there, though they have a shitload of accessories.

6. jwjp

jwjp Senior member

Just received the logger shirt (sup aether) from End. Initial reactions: the fabric is awesome - soft and looks really nice from a distance - and construction feels solid. Fits pretty much perfect (I'm a medium and bought a large). However I can't justify keeping it. It isn't worth £350 to me, at this time in my life. Also I look like a fucking cowboy when I wear it.

7. brightorangetrousers

brightorangetrousers Senior member

How long are the sleeves (shoulder seam to cuff) on that thing?

8. jwjp

jwjp Senior member

about 25 inches

9. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

scott- which Odin location has their WM?

10. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Lafayette

11. aether

aether Senior member

for sure. I ordered one size up and went with an XL. Was it really that weastern?

12. jwjp

jwjp Senior member

It doesn't look that cowboy, i just tried it on at first wearing jeans and that seemed too much. I think it needs to be balanced out with some techy or some drapey stuff. It really grew on me over the course of today - I wore it in the house with geller flight pants in olive which looked really awesome - but i think i'm still going to send it back :( If it were £100 cheaper then maybe i'd keep it...

13. habitant

habitant Senior member

odd that you'd think that it would look western, when it's clearly a northern logger shirt *snigger*. most western shirts look way better when wearing with pants, not jeans.. lately i'm not really a fan of wearing jeans anymore, except with t-shirts...

14. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Has anyone bought the socks yet? I'd love to see how you guys are incorporating them into a fit

15. YoungM

YoungM Senior member

Do you happen to know what prices are like on the gore-tex coats?

16. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

approximately 700 usd, just searching in english has a decent amount of results, rakuten too.

17. habitant

habitant Senior member

Yeah, you can shop around yourself a bit on google japan, or contact the guys at sharp service.

18. dneyugn

dneyugn Member

anyone have information on the WM Wardrobe Pocket Tees?

19. habitant

habitant Senior member

yes, they're fucking awesome... i have a few regular neck, v-neck, half sleeve. the only complaint i have is that the neck isn't very stretchy so you have to be really careful when you take it off, otherwise you stretch.

The first shirt I got, the first time i took it off, I was a bit careless and sort of ruined the neck...

20. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Puck it, going to buy a pair of WM socks today at Frances May. Fit pic forthcoming