• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White bucks

dressed2kill

Reaction score
You MUST buy those for when summer roles around. With the white pants and navy db blazer, man it will look Stellar.

summej2

Reaction score
Hmmm... the rating on the seller would give me some pause. You might want to check with,e.g., www.toolhaus.org . That said, I find that tan bucks and low-vamp slip-ons carry me through summer.

If you don't already have a light suede for summer I'd consider it, though tan might be more versatile...unless you favor Gatsby-esque resort wear.

dressed2kill

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Half my closet is filled with items I had no idea I needed until after I bought them.

Vaugley, Thats pretty much what fashion is.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now, this is a dilemma. The shoes look like good quality, but the seller's percentage is not good. As for the footwear: go for it. As for the rating: go for it if the price is low enough to be worth the gamble.

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Half my closet is filled with items I had no idea I needed until after I bought them.

I love you Doc. Don't ever go away.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'd think with a moniker like Vintage Gent, I'd be telling you to snap these up. But a word of caution about vintage shoes: older does not necessarily mean better. I've gotten burned a few times with deadstock shoes from the 30s to the 50s that turned out to be very shoddily constructed and/or made with poor quality leather. Still, I agree they look very nice.

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I share your dilemma. I saw a pair of white wingtips this weekend that I really liked. You know how some of your favorite music is the stuff you didn't like as much at first?...this could be one of those situations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads