1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Whirlpool Fabric Freshner Individual Review

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yellman, Jul 2, 2006.

1. yellman

yellman Senior Member

So I bought one recently. These are the results that I have found for wrinkles. It will take a cotton shirt from 75% to 95%. It works best with wool or cashmere. There it can take a shirt from 20% to 100%. Depending on the thickness of the silk it can take it from 50% to 100%. If it is a very thick silk, like a tommy bahama it will follow the same rough pattern as a cotton.

This item appears to be designed to freshen fabrics. If the item is heavily wrinkled it will not have a large impact on it. It does an amazing job with items that are designed for drycleaners. So the hybrid, silk/cashmere/cotton tops or pants are well suited to this type of product.

For smells the item is well designed. Although I do not spend my days in smoke heavy offices, the items that I have placed in there come out smelling fresh.

The items that I have placed in there come out with a certain stiffness. Almost like it had been pressed.

Overall I was disappointed in how it dealt with wrinkles in cotton, I will not be returning it. I have a singer magic steam press 7 that can remove all wrinkles from all clothing. This item is clearly suited to the softer fabrics and the items that have to be drycleaned only. I will also use it for items that have sat in the closet for too long and need just a little bit of freshning up but not a full ironing treatment.

I have not fully perfected the usage pattern for it, how much water to use, do I override their recommendations for quantity, how effective the weights are and when and how to use them best.

In summary, this product is like using air to dry on a dryer and adding a little mist to make it easier, however isntead of tumbling the product, it is just hung.

6.5/10

http://www.whirlpool.com/catalog/pro...?productId=513

2. mussel

mussel Senior Member

Can you give us a hint what you are talking about? The link doesn't work. [​IMG]

3. yellman

yellman Senior Member

Can you give us a hint what you are talking about? The link doesn't work. [​IMG]

Odd, it is the whirlpool fabric freshner, do a search on google with that as a title.

4. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

I agree with the review. Works very well for wool and as a freshener.

5. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

6. mussel

mussel Senior Member

7. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Distinguished Member

Did you use the weights as recommended ? I have used the weights with pants and they work nicely.

8. yellman

yellman Senior Member

I am still workin my way thru the product. I have tried new shirts that have not been worn, older stuff, different fabrics. As for pants and the weights I have not progressed to that stage but will in time.

9. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

I was interested in this but couldn't find it in my locale. Eventually I settled for a Conair steamer which works quite work though there are a few problems eg it could be a bit more 'stable' (it seems as though it's going to tip over when you pull on the clothing during steaming) and the collapsible/extensible rod for the hanger tends to collapse under the weight of a heavy jacket. I use it both for wrinkles and freshening up - particularly useful for woollens.

10. yellman

yellman Senior Member

I was interested in this but couldn't find it in my locale. Eventually I settled for a Conair steamer which works quite work though there are a few problems eg it could be a bit more 'stable' (it seems as though it's going to tip over when you pull on the clothing during steaming) and the collapsible/extensible rod for the hanger tends to collapse under the weight of a heavy jacket. I use it both for wrinkles and freshening up - particularly useful for woollens.

which product is this? Is it a fully enclosed solution like the whirlpool? How do u rate it on cottons?