• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whirlpool Fabric Freshner Individual Review

yellman

Reaction score
So I bought one recently. These are the results that I have found for wrinkles. It will take a cotton shirt from 75% to 95%. It works best with wool or cashmere. There it can take a shirt from 20% to 100%. Depending on the thickness of the silk it can take it from 50% to 100%. If it is a very thick silk, like a tommy bahama it will follow the same rough pattern as a cotton.

This item appears to be designed to freshen fabrics. If the item is heavily wrinkled it will not have a large impact on it. It does an amazing job with items that are designed for drycleaners. So the hybrid, silk/cashmere/cotton tops or pants are well suited to this type of product.

For smells the item is well designed. Although I do not spend my days in smoke heavy offices, the items that I have placed in there come out smelling fresh.

The items that I have placed in there come out with a certain stiffness. Almost like it had been pressed.

Overall I was disappointed in how it dealt with wrinkles in cotton, I will not be returning it. I have a singer magic steam press 7 that can remove all wrinkles from all clothing. This item is clearly suited to the softer fabrics and the items that have to be drycleaned only. I will also use it for items that have sat in the closet for too long and need just a little bit of freshning up but not a full ironing treatment.

I have not fully perfected the usage pattern for it, how much water to use, do I override their recommendations for quantity, how effective the weights are and when and how to use them best.

In summary, this product is like using air to dry on a dryer and adding a little mist to make it easier, however isntead of tumbling the product, it is just hung.

6.5/10

http://www.whirlpool.com/catalog/pro...?productId=513

mussel

Reaction score
Can you give us a hint what you are talking about? The link doesn't work.
confused.gif

yellman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mussel
Can you give us a hint what you are talking about? The link doesn't work.
confused.gif

Odd, it is the whirlpool fabric freshner, do a search on google with that as a title.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with the review. Works very well for wool and as a freshener.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you use the weights as recommended ? I have used the weights with pants and they work nicely.

yellman

Reaction score
I am still workin my way thru the product. I have tried new shirts that have not been worn, older stuff, different fabrics. As for pants and the weights I have not progressed to that stage but will in time.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was interested in this but couldn't find it in my locale. Eventually I settled for a Conair steamer which works quite work though there are a few problems eg it could be a bit more 'stable' (it seems as though it's going to tip over when you pull on the clothing during steaming) and the collapsible/extensible rod for the hanger tends to collapse under the weight of a heavy jacket. I use it both for wrinkles and freshening up - particularly useful for woollens.

yellman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
I was interested in this but couldn't find it in my locale. Eventually I settled for a Conair steamer which works quite work though there are a few problems eg it could be a bit more 'stable' (it seems as though it's going to tip over when you pull on the clothing during steaming) and the collapsible/extensible rod for the hanger tends to collapse under the weight of a heavy jacket. I use it both for wrinkles and freshening up - particularly useful for woollens.

which product is this? Is it a fully enclosed solution like the whirlpool? How do u rate it on cottons?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads