• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to shop moderately priced but quality menswear in Milan?

Jayforester

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I have been reading a lot of posts about good stores here in Milan. One shop that I really liked was Al Bazar. I went there and loved the clothes, tried on some trousers and they fitted perfectly. 200 EUR a pair is too much for me, though. Since I am still a student and recently moved here, I am looking for a more moderately priced shop where I can nonetheless find some good quality clothes for business and casual wear. I havent really ever been shopping, so I slowly have to start building a wardrobe. I want to buy:

2 pairs of trousers (up to 130 EUR each)
1 light suit, one winter suit, blue (up to 450 each)
1 pair of black oxfords (up to 200)
1 pair of boots (up to 200)
1 pair of loafers (up to 150)
5 shirts (up to 60 EUR each)
5 ties (Up to 40 EUR each)
2 belts (Up to 50 EUR each)
A bunch of socks.

For one pair of brown Oxfords I went to Calzature Belfioe in Via Belfiore. As far as I can tell the shoes are of good quality (hand made) and were 169 EUR which I find is a very good price.

I do not care if it says "Armani" on my suit but I do care about quality (hence the price range...).

Any good suggestions on where I might find what I am looking for?

Thanks!

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PM Sent - post again so you can respond
smile.gif

Jayforester

Reaction score
Originally Posted by radicaldog
Try Boggi.
Thanks for the tip, radicaldog. I went to Boggi and my impression was that the quality is very mid-standard, I'm looking for the same, maybe a bit higher prices but better quality. Boggi is in all the expensive areas, they pay high rents and have expensive shop interior. Also I don't like fashion-chains too much. And here, Boggi is on every corner. There must be a shop where they don't have to pay for those things and instead have better quality. I'm happy about any advice you can give.

flipster

Reaction score
You may want to try Etro's factory store at the via Spartaco. It is just opposite to their main office.

If you're lucky, you'll find all the items on your list, and within budget.. Expect discounts up to 50%, even more during the sales.

I've been there last summer, and picked up a nice cotton summer suit priced down to 300 euro (originally 1100 eur).

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See if your google skills are better then mine and you can find the address for the Bolgheri Zegna outlet.

Shoes are more hit and miss but everything else

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If we're talking full retail prices then Boggi has some of the best value for money in central Milan, alas. I think their business model is precisely to sell middling stuff in fancy-looking shops, so that customers get the impression of having bought something fancy for a middle-market price. The profit from this strategy pays the overheads. At least that's my amateurish analysis.

For shirts there are many, many smaller stores all over the place. Even the one in via Dante has good, affordable shirts -- better than Boggi probably, come to think of it. But I haven't set foot in either in ages. I hate how this is going to sound, but I haven't bough RTW tailored clothing in quite some time. Anyway, suits, shoes and ties in Boggi are decent and more or less in the price range you indicated.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For you budget, wait for the sales and check the 2 or 3 discount outlets in the city centre. Last year I bought some Incotex pants for about 70-90 Euro from the Dmagazine (Via Montenapoleone, 26). Here you will find other discount outlets in Milan (not much for menswear though and be prepared to browse through a lot of junk) Better yet, take the train or drive to Foxtown in Mendrisio (50KM fro Milan on the Swiss border).

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
del mare 1911 fits your budget but not necessary ueber high quality if you are looking for the holy grail of value

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clausc
For you budget, wait for the sales and check the 2 or 3 discount outlets in the city centre.

Last year I bought some Incotex pants for about 70-90 Euro from the Dmagazine (Via Montenapoleone, 26). Here you will find other discount outlets in Milan (not much for menswear though and be prepared to browse through a lot of junk)
Better yet, take the train or drive to Foxtown in Mendrisio (50KM fro Milan on the Swiss border).

€70 with the sales doesn't sound cheap. The Zegna outlet if it has any stock will have mainline pants for less then that without the seasonal sales. During the summer sale I was buying mainline line pants for just over €20. Biggest issue is you never know if you'll find anything.

http://www.paginegialle.it/pg/cgi/ma...13&cb=0&orto=0

I think that's it but the OP can phone and check.

hrb

Reaction score
+1 for al bazar. hold out until january/february for the sales, then go back to all the places that were slightly out of your price range. you will be surprised how cheap stuff will get. If you do head over to the etro outlet, check the hours first, they're fairly odd if memory serves.

GBer

Reaction score
Il Salvagente

See also:

Originally Posted by GBer
Far too many to list, but here are a few things to look at:

GBer

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads