• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to get Tramezzas Resoled

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
thats really good to hear. thanks PB.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Storm33
What are you talking about? I bought these new; they came stitched from the factory. The rubber portion has the Ferragamo signature molded into it. I want it redone correctly.

I would PM Nick V. who owns B. Nelson. I am positive he can redo it to look just like that.

Storm33

Reaction score
I corresponded with Nick, and he was great. He said I would need to get the original soles from Ferragamo since the rubber part was custom-molded for these shoes.

I talked with a representative at Ferragamo U.S., who referred me to Rago Brothers in NJ. She said this place has every part of every shoe and does all of their reconditioning.

I called Rago Brothers, and they said to send the shoes in. They would look at the shoes and give me a quote to recondition. I guess I'll cross my fingers and go that route. I really like these shoes a lot and want to keep them in their original configuration.

By the way - I found better pics of these shoes here on SF. Hope it's okay to repost and give credit to the photog - AR_Six:

mabal4.jpg

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Storm33
What are you talking about? I bought these new; they came stitched from the factory. The rubber portion has the Ferragamo signature molded into it. I want it redone correctly.

Got it. My bad. Good luck with getting them fixed.

Storm33

Reaction score
Just a quick update...I got a call today from Hannah at Rago Brothers. They looked at my shoes, and they can replace the rubber portion of the sole. It is a fairly substantial portion of the sole...not just topy on top of leather. They are going to replace that part and the entire heel to original specs, and recondition the uppers for $90. She said I should have them back in a week to ten days.

To be continued...

Storm33

Reaction score
Update: I got the shoes back from Rago Brothers today. They did a good job. My shoes aren't exactly like they were before - they glued the rubber portion on instead of stitching it - but they did a good job of preserving the original leather portion of the sole.

I'm pleased with the work they did, and they turned it around quickly. They shipped the shoes back to me within a couple of days after we talked on the phone and I authorized the job.

I'll wear them for a while and report back on the quality of the repair.

Here are the "after" pics:

IMG_3732.jpg

IMG_3733.jpg

IMG_3734.jpg

IMG_3735.jpg

swiego

Reaction score
I used the same service (I believe) through the local Ferragamo store, as detailed here:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/268411/ferrogamo-tramezza-restoration-service/0_40#post_4859111

Anyhow, I got them back today. Interestingly my shoes are the same as Storm33's, but in 13D size. The service was a "full restoration" for $140. The entire outsole was replaced, including the instep area with the logo... there's no size or Ferragamo "logo" or branding on the new sole. Yet strangely, there's a faint "Made in Italy" on the new heel. Both the front and rear have new rubber as well, although the configuration is different than before.

The inner sole was also replaced and again, the replacement has no branding. This has the effect of removing all traces of Ferragamo branding from the shoe. The quality of the new innersole seems very good, and the uppers definitely seem to be in better condition than before.

All in all, replacing the entire sole and heel with high quality parts, including the inner sole, plus reconditioning the uppers, new laces, sent back with a new box and bags, for $140 seems like a reasonable deal. My local cobbler wanted $90 for just the sole and couldn't guarantee he could replicate the leather/rubber hybrids that these shoes use.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads