• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to Get Affordable Slim Fit Shirts

RedBaron01

Reaction score
I am looking for some nice looking, affordable men's slim fit shirts. Does anyone have any suggestions? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

I really like some of Banana Republic's shirts and like that style of barrel cuff (but wouldn't mind french cuff). I am about a 38R, 24 yr old, and about 165 (lbs). Thank you so much!

blackwar12

Reaction score
I went to Saks off fifth when they had a sale on their $125 (?) dress shirts for $40. It was slim fitting, and, at least for me, their 14.5 inch slim fit shirt was a 95%-99% perfect fit for my 5'8.5", 143 pounds, 36R/36S slightly athletic frame. Fits as well as my MTM dress shirts I got online. By far easily the slimmest off-the-rack shirt I've ever worn.

cairomerta

Reaction score
RedBaron01;3608750 said:
I am looking for some nice looking, affordable men's slim fit shirts. Does anyone have any suggestions? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

You cant go wrong with Zara shirts. They fit as slim as barba's sometime.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to be a jerk, but the problem with you not wanting to read through 120 pages, and instead posting a new thread about this, essentially means that 1) you're asking us to spoonfeed you information, and 2) more importantly, you're causing some other poor bastard in the future to have to read your thread when he's trying to get information on this. Go read the thread that has already been created and stop creating new threads when the information already exists. Obviously, if you didn't know the thread existed, then it's not entirely your fault, but you're kind of a jerk for cluttering up SF with new threads about slim fitting shirts when there are 100000000 posts already on this. Even though I'm annoyed at you creating a new thread, I'll direct you to Lands End Canvas http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=149471 The pictures on the website are horrible, but I assure you the fits on their poplins and oxfords are the best for their dollar. You can get much better shirts than LEC, certainly, but not anywhere near the price they charge. Right now poplins are on sale for $17. If you Google around, you'll find a coupon code that gives you 10 dollars off and free shipping on orders over $50. That means it'll be about $13 a poplin. If you don't like them in the end, they let you return any time, and it's ridiculously easy to return (bring it to a Sears, or mail the return back with the pre-paid postage sticker they give you). Go give them a try, they are perfect if you're 38R, 160lbs, and anywhere near 5'10" or so.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zara or H&M. In fact, I have about 10 H&M shirts for office wear in white, light blue and pink. Slim-fitting, easy-iron, nice soft colors, $15 each. It doesn't get any better than this.

Tobacco Man

Reaction score
Charles Tyrwhitt has shirts on sale now for $39.50
teacha.gif

http://www.ctshirts.com/brent

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ralph lauren black label is "affordable" at <$100 during end of season sales (week before christmas maybe, definitly after christmas). i get a S/15 and it fits very slim, though the sleeves could be slimmer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads