• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do you wear your High Rise Trousers

M4ACE

Reaction score
I just bought a couple of suits from S&P, I bought pants that needed to be let out an inch on my waist; however, I noticed that the rise is riding into my butt. The tailor let it out as much as possible, but I can kind of feel the seam still right there. I can wear the high rise trousers right below my belly button to alleviate some of it, but feel like the pants are too low. I fell horrible because I spent a lot of money, and I already altered the pants. Any suggestions? My waist is about 35' and I bought 34 Slim. What do I have to get, size 36 for my rise to be right on? I'm wondering if even that rise would be the same....

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It’s not about the rise. It’s letting out the crotch and or changing the shape of the curve at the lower seat. This adjusts the depth at the back so you don't have to wear the trouser at a lower point On your waist.
The tailor could add a crotch piece to let out the crotch more. This is a common thing to do. The cloth can be taken from the hem. Best done before hemming the trouser the first time as there is more cloth available then.
If the trouser is tight across the seat you need to buy a bigger size to fit the seat properly then reduce the waist. probably a mistake to buy a size smaller than your waist size. You can take trousers in when they are big but usually not enough outlet to make them bigger

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads