• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When is the next Edward Green sale?

NOLA1

Reaction score
Before everyone gets upset for what many of you may think is a ridiculous question that could be answered by merely searching the forum, I assure you that I did a thorough search and either missed what I was looking for or it is not listed.

Anyways, I was wondering when the next EG 50% off sale takes place. I am obsessing over getting a few pairs but need to wait until I can get them at a discount.

If I recall correctly (I just found this forum a few months ago and am obsessed with it too) there is a bi-yearly sale where you either call or email the EG store / factory and make your purchase with a sweet 50% off the pricetag. Isn't there a master list that one of the guys on here posts (shoe? aportnoy?)?

Thanks in advance for taking it easy on me.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I think the next one is Dec/Jan roughly...but the best answer is "not soon enough."

jjl5000

Reaction score
IIRC last years sale actually began on the 2nd Jan. Sale price is approx. 30% off, not 50%.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wasn't it 50%? 595 gbp down to 295?

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Total + shipping last year came to around $630 - $650 if I'm remembering correctly.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by william
Total + shipping last year came to around $630 - $650 if I'm remembering correctly.

I ordered a pair of Canterburys during the Summer sale - 295 pounds + 27 pounds for shipping.

Shoes with a handsewn apron (Dover, Fulham, Ecton) were 310 pounds.

JDV

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

This is Tassels Hong Kong

I would like to let you shoe enthusiasts know that the Managing Director of Edward Green Ms. Hilary Freeman will be in Hong Kong to meet our customers on Saturday 24 November 2007 between 2pm-4pm.

If you have time and would like to learn more about Edward Green, please do pay us a visit.

2/F, 9 On Lan Street
Central
Hong Kong

Map attached
http://images.tassels.com.hk/TASSELS_direction_map.pdf

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by william

My friend who bought Asquiths got VAT back as well, something like $50-75.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
My friend who bought Asquiths got VAT back as well, something like $50-75.

I think the sale price (295 pounds last time round) excludes the VAT.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's odd. He somehow got VAT back though, we discussed this several times. He bought it in person, if that makes any difference.
"so you filled out a form?"
"yeah"
"when do know if you get it"
"they'll just refund my credit card. oh wait, here it is. I got the refund"

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
That's odd. He somehow got VAT back though, we discussed this several times. He bought it in person, if that makes any difference.
"so you filled out a form?"
"yeah"
"when do know if you get it"
"they'll just refund my credit card. oh wait, here it is. I got the refund"

Did he buy the sale shoes in person?

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i believe his friend did by them in London on a business trip as he posted in a thread of mine, the following: "My friend got these Dark Oak Asquiths during the EG sale on a business trip." i just happened to be rereading this thread this morning and that detail stood out. maybe buying these in the shop forces you to pay VAT upfront then get it refunded later on. whereas if they ship it to a foreign address the subtract it automatically? just a thought. i hope they have asquiths/mackays in my size on the 888 this go round as it is the one I am after.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well before I make further conjecture, I'll clarify with him. Maybe he paid something like 325 up front. I'll report back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads