• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Touche! I was actually iced hard by the first SA. However, I don't think you were the 300lb black guy he was waiting on in favor of me. Unless you've REALLY been hitting the sugar hard. And the tanning bed...

What SA did you have? Women or male? There are some real douches who were there...

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

What SA did you have? Women or male? There are some real douches who were there...

Raphael. An older Hispanic dude with a white soul patch. He had measuring tape around his neck but it became very apparent that he had no concept of tailoring. He was also clearly new as the computer baffled the **** out of him. I had a dude I always saw in there but I don't remember his name and I don't even know if he works there anymore.

Last edited:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's nothing to brag about though. BB socks are without a doubt the shittiest that I own (even the stupid expensive Sea Island cotton socks suck).

What? I have some BB socks that are awesome. Have you tried their GF?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The good socks are made in England and have hand-linked toes. I found that the Sea Island cotton is just to fine to make a durable sock.

Khurram

Reaction score
My Milano triple stripe suit arrived today. WOW. Of the rack it fits great! Took it in to BB for alterations and should have it back in a couple days. Can't wait to wear it with my new walnut AE strands

Last edited:

Karl_in_Chicago

Reaction score
Boy I *saved* so much money today . . . or at least that's how I'm rationalizing it. :)

Chicago BB store is right next door to my office so earlier this week I went and worked with an SA to pick out some sportcoats and trousers to set aside for today's 40% off sale. Originally I was just going to get the one light brown cashmere SC but . . . I was weak and picked up a nice dark blue glen plaid and a tan/brown check as well. Three pairs of trousers, including a brown flannel, alterations with Mario, and I'm out of there . . . having spent about twice what I'd initially been thinking about but with no regrets. I'm so happy to be back in the Loop since we moved our group . . . but my wallet, not so much. It's good to have such an understanding wife. Now . . . when's that next big shirt sale? :D

Last edited:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, the EG are back on the site now that the shoe sale ended. BB is giving me the 25% off in my shopping cart though which is a good $300 off.

I am interested in these:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...K-ANTIQUE&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

Anyone know why they are not in half sizes aboue 10.5?

Also, what last do these appear to be on? So far, the EG last that best fits my foot shape is the 888 but I also have a couple pairs in 82 which looks good in a wingtip and fits decently.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patek,

These are in US sizes not UK. I am sure why there is no 8.5 or 11.5 but I think that 12 E is UK 11.5E. I think those are on last 888 but I am not sure.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Patek,

These are in US sizes not UK. I am sure why there is no 8.5 or 11.5 but I think that 12 E is UK 11.5E. I think those are on last 888 but I am not sure.

I realize they are US sizes. In the 888 I wear US 11.5. You are right, they do appear to be on the 888 last.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patek, the Algonquin is my next favorite after the wingtip brouge. I have seen them and both are beautiful and well crafted. Per my conversation with a very knowledgeable local SA, it is the 888 last...buy 'em :slayer:

RZach

Reaction score
Just as an update, I was successful in picking up a country club blazer last night, and I think it's going to be great. Went 40L, and while I was originally looking at the 40R, the tailor convinced me it wasn't quite long enough. A slight adjustment to the collar, sleeves, and a bit of waist suppression and I hope to be good to go.

I also ended up picking up two pairs of flannel trousers in the Milano cut. First experience with the Milano and I think I like it. Seems like an improvement over the Fitzgerald, which seems to no longer exist in trousers. I do wish they had some sort of middle ground between the Milano and the Madison though. The Madison feels like a sack, the Milano can be a tad bit snug. But between the two I'd rather go snug.

hikari013

Reaction score

I also ended up picking up two pairs of flannel trousers in the Milano cut. First experience with the Milano and I think I like it. Seems like an improvement over the Fitzgerald, which seems to no longer exist in trousers. I do wish they had some sort of middle ground between the Milano and the Madison though. The Madison feels like a sack, the Milano can be a tad bit snug. But between the two I'd rather go snug.

Try the Clark fit.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did minimal damage with this round of sales which is a good thing I guess. I only picked up the moleskin sport coat. I had been looking for one all fall and didn't really like the BB one online but decided to stop by the store and check it out anyway and the color was much better in person - much less red than the website shows it to be. And the 40% off was enough to make me pull the trigger. If the wool sweaters would have been included on the sale with the cashmere sweaters earlier this week, I probably would have picked up a few of those as well. Oh well.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Milano can be a tad bit snug. But between the two I'd rather go snug.
nut huggers..I always size up with Milanos :+)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads