When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

good to know, thanks. that might be a deal breaker then.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

if you havent purchased them yet, there is a good chance you never will. the expected delivery on a pair I was watching has moved from end of November to beginning of next year. That expected delivery date just keeps getting pushed further out with each passing day

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011

3. Philip

Philip Senior member

i ain't so smart so what does this mean? my thoughts are there are delays because they're waiting for new stock to come in?

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

From personal experience, the BB inventory is completely unreliable. What you see online does not represent reality. If you really have eyes set on that boot, call the customer service number and confirm with them that your size is indeed coming in. Otherwise, youre setting yourself up for disappointment. Once BB, strung me along for months for a pair of BB shell LWs only to realize that they were never coming in to begin with. I wasted the best months of my life waiting for those babies.

[​IMG]

5. Philip

Philip Senior member

damn, thanks for the advice. Looks like I'll have to move along

6. inq89

inq89 Senior member

When would be the best time to buy a suit, either the 1818 or Suiting Essentials? The sale after Christmas? And does anyone know how much Suiting Essentials would be on sale?

(I wear an athletic 43R and 32 waist and am debating between SE or 1818 for my high drop size)

7. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

after xmas suits usually start 40%. with that drop you would need to go MTM(possibly) or bespoke. An OTR Regent cut suit in a 43R would have pants with a 36 waist.

With SE you can have a 32" waist pants and a size 43r for your jacket, depending how you like the jacket, it would still be baggy in the waist.

8. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

How good is the BB after xmas sale? Seems like most retailers had huge black friday sales already? I can't imagine the post-sale will be better than the ~ 45% off we already had?

9. rollafan

rollafan Senior member

Bought this pair during 5-day sales event. Total price at $315.40, which isn't bad in my opinion. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Do you really think their 1818 suits are worth it at 50%? Someone mentioned 40%+15% what is that about I thought we cannot stack corp. discount.

11. Patek

Patek Senior member

Received three pacages over the weekend including my Alegator wallet, which although it is a bit shinny, I decided to keep it. I also received a cashmere scarf that on the web site said made in Italy. It came with a sewn-in Colombo tag with a "made exclusively for BB" below that. I'm not familiar with Colombo, are they a name in men's accessories?

Nevermind. A quick google search brought up this:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?64529-Colombo-cashmere

Props to BB for carrying somrhting this nice (that can then be picked up on sale :) ).

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011

12. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

Hope it works out for you. A friend on mine has the duffel made of the football leather and he really likes it.

-LR

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011

13. James09T

James09T New Member

I just recently bought a Milano fit Chinos from their sale.

First time trying on chinos from Brooks Brothers, picked the slimmest as I don't do well with baggy pants.
    I'm 5'6 / 167cm you see. & legs on the shorter side. I try to go as fitting as possible so as it not make my legs look short and wide.
    I still found the Milano fit rather loose especially at the back, the area from the butt to the back of the thighs. Perhaps I'm being particular but should I have it altered?

My trousers are usually more curved in from the butt area to the back of my knees, I'm not used to the extra space.