• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When is the next BIG Tom Ford sale?

Maserati

Reaction score
I was in NYC this past week and stopped in the TF store and fell in love with a few pieces. At $4650, unfortunately, I am not a buyer.

We all know they have had some epic 50% off sales in the past, so any word on when their next big sale may be?
Also stopped in Bergdorf and they were running a pretty nice 40% off sale, but if course the TF collection was not a part of it. Any idea if the TF collection ever goes on sale there?

Thanks!

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was in NYC this past week and stopped in the TF store and fell in love with a few pieces. At $4650, unfortunately, I am not a buyer.
We all know they have had some epic 50% off sales in the past, so any word on when their next big sale may be?
Also stopped in Bergdorf and they were running a pretty nice 40% off sale, but if course the TF collection was not a part of it. Any idea if the TF collection ever goes on sale there?
Thanks!

I was in BG yesterday and there were TF pieces on sale, second floor when you walk to the TF section make a right. Suits, Coats, Jackets, Blazers, and some shirts. Mark down is not much (by SF standards) I.E a 3k blazer marked down to 2k

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In UK, selfridges had a quiet 30% off on all TF items, which was not shown on their website...

But most of the stuff are EU50+, and all the standard stuff were long gone...

Only their cashmere trouser, jumpers, few overcoats and assessaries were good buys

It is actually good for TF to not have sales at all, Hong Kong does not have any TF sales

I am notnsure whether thenUK sales in Selfridgesnor Harrods are still on

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In UK, selfridges had a quiet 30% off on all TF items, which was not shown on their website...
Only their cashmere trouser, jumpers, few overcoats and assessaries were good buys
It is actually good for TF to not have sales at all, Hong Kong does not have any TF sales

Ive seen TF stuff on sale at Lane crawford August two years ago if im not mistaken.

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ive seen TF stuff on sale at Lane crawford August two years ago if im not mistaken.

You could be right, by that time I wasn't demanding as now

But Lane Crawford in both IFC and TST, the two biggest one for men's clothing, does not stock TF anymore. The TF store are in ocean terminal and IFC and they only have their bright summer season stuff on sales, each shop less than 20 items on the rack.

However Lane Crawford has lsaia now, IFC has Kiton, Borini, and other top brands

But for me, if I need to get a suit why not consider WW Chan with less money?

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

50% off is not an "epic" sale, just saying.

But in the eye of non SF members, it is still great

TF stuff are meant to be expensive, otherwise the image is going to be loss...

In fact, I don't think TF stuff are overcharge consider Zenga Couture stuff will be the same price

They should be exclusive for the people who are willing to shed money for a good one or two piece in their collection

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

In fact, I don't think TF stuff are overcharge consider Zenga Couture stuff will be the same price
They should be exclusive for the people who are willing to shed money for a good one or two piece in their collection

damn it. I can't find the thread with the pic of the TF sample sale with like 95% off. Anyone? It was late October, guy named Jeff.

Quarks

Reaction score
Gone are the days where TF gets some serious discount. I never got a piece of any of those said discounts here or anywhere. Loser is me.
Wasn't TF trying to gather funds for his film 'Single Men' around the same time, selling off his Warhol collection and what not?

I remember that thread where a receipt of 95% discount was posted on display.
And a 'Made in China' TF suit, to boot. Can't seem to find it either.

Am heading to London in Jan. Will be dropping by Harrods & Selfridges. Can't wait!!

Quarks

Reaction score

That is the problem. When one has bought a heavily discounted TF item, it is pretty difficult trying to justify paying full price or slightly discounted item.
Then again, if you snooze, you lose.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gone are the days where TF gets some serious discount. I never got a piece of any of those said discounts here or anywhere. Loser is me.
Wasn't TF trying to gather funds for his film 'Single Men' around the same time, selling off his Warhol collection and what not?

I remember that thread where a receipt of 95% discount was posted on display.
And a 'Made in China' TF suit, to boot. Can't seem to find it either.

Am heading to London in Jan. Will be dropping by Harrods & Selfridges. Can't wait!!

I am very sure that the recent TF stuff are made in Italy by the Zenga factory to the couture standard

If the TF suit was made in china, either it is their old, starting up collection or fake

I had came across a guy who brought a navy windsor suit in 30% discount, that is like the best deal I have heard from TF

Anyway, I am actually more a fan of Zenga couture recently, maybe my FU attitude is dropping....

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is the problem. When one has bought a heavily discounted TF item, it is pretty difficult trying to justify paying full price or slightly discounted item.
Then again, if you snooze, you lose.

I never managed to have any TF clothing on sales, except a tie that I brought for dad

Probably due to my size is very popular, eu48.......

They will usually be gone way before sales

Quarks

Reaction score

I am very sure that the recent TF stuff are made in Italy by the Zenga factory to the couture standard
If the TF suit was made in china, either it is their old, starting up collection or fake
I had came across a guy who brought a navy windsor suit in 30% discount, that is like the best deal I have heard from TF
Anyway, I am actually more a fan of Zenga couture recently, maybe my FU attitude is dropping....

The MiC TF suit were presumably made for TF SAs, and for some reason, the SF member managed to buy it.
The 95% sales, according to the SF member was a private invite for TF VIPs only.
Previous posts from B&S section have TF brand new suits for sale from USD$900 and above - ranging from fully intact tags to red tags & cut.
There was a time where Century 21 offered heavily discounted TF items, hence the reflected items on B&S.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

50% is better than nothing, there's just no pleasing some people...
However, I bet in the future there will be no 50% sales, even now... In HK, the mainlanders start to spot Tom Ford, and trust me they seems to have unlimited fund.... My cousin works in TF now, he told me a young mainland guy, cousin told me he is probably same age as me ( I am currently 21), came to the shop in IFC and in five minutes he purchased 4 MTM orders, the customer told him that they are intended for work, and he paid with cash. The best part is he told my cousin he used to purchased Paul Smith and he thought the garment are of good quality until his GF showed him TF..... O well, at least he still have the bespoke world to try..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads