• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

when are the sales

novamiembro

Reaction score
hey guys, I'm really looking to update my wardrobe, and I want to spend as little money as possible, so if you guys know what time of year specific sales are, I would really appreciate it. For example, when is Brooks Brothers big suit sale? when is nordstrom/bloomingdales/etc big suit sale?

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hey guys, I'm really looking to update my wardrobe, and I want to spend as little money as possible, so if you guys know what time of year specific sales are, I would really appreciate it. For example, when is Brooks Brothers big suit sale? when is nordstrom/bloomingdales/etc big suit sale?
Someone else just mentioned Hickey Freeman has a bunch of stuff 70% off on their web site. I looked at the suits and there are quite a few marked way down (summer suits - of course)

ryvac

Reaction score
altho Nordstrom and Blooingdales just had there big sale, I'd say right now is still a great time to buy.
I'm seeing amazing prices like never before at most retail stores so I'd say it's a great time to buy.
seems like US economy is at it's worst so we might see better deals

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Am I the only other one annoyed by these new threads that would not have to be created if it were not for the OP doing 5 seconds of due diligence?
I'm with you...:fistbump:

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP - please do a forum search. Your three started threads have been discussed EXTENSIVELY. I'm not the type to berate new members about the search feature and the like, but with the new format, the search is vastly improved.

Monaco

Reaction score

Am I the only other one annoyed by these new threads that would not have to be created if it were not for the OP doing 5 seconds of due diligence?

Those are the very words that came to my mind when I read the first post.

novamiembro

Reaction score
I was doing searches for all three of these questions, however every thread I opened was just people like yourself telling the OP to do a search of his own. Therefore, I never got a real answer to my questions, and thought I would propose the question again. Maybe you could help out and post some of the good threads on these questions, if you don't want to write a detailed response? Anything would help!

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was doing searches for all three of these questions, however every thread I opened was just people like yourself telling the OP to do a search of his own. Therefore, I never got a real answer to my questions, and thought I would propose the question again. Maybe you could help out and post some of the good threads on these questions, if you don't want to write a detailed response? Anything would help!
Get on Gilt and the other discount sites. Look at Yoox and Sierra Trading Post. Sign up for email lists from all the big stores and brands. I think everyone is annoyed at you because many consider this to be pretty basic stuff.

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

For the children and for future generations of searchers... You'll see the highest reductions in the US after the 4th of July through August 1 for S/S lines. For F/W lines you'll generally see the best deals after January 1 through the beginning of February in a lot of cases. Both of these sales times usually employ rolling reductions, meaning that the longer the sale goes, the higher the reductions. Focus on when seasons change and generally you'll find a sale within a month or two of that. :foo:

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is annoying, but probably only half as annoying as people bitching about it.
Here you go: http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/146312/official-events-and-psa-thread http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/12181/manhattan-sales-alert/3795#post_4714942

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads