• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats your opinion on my meal plan for fat loss?

Sarabia456

Reaction score
is this a good meal plan for fat loss and to maintain my muscle

meal 1: oatmeal, 3 egg whites, small banana

meal 2: yogurt and 1/4 cup of mix berries and nuts

meal 3: chicken breast with 2 cups of greens and 3/4 cups of brown rice

meal 4: 2 plain rice cakes with tsp of almond butter and 1/2 a cup of chopped broccoli

meal 5: large fish fillet 1 cup of mustard greens and spinach and a small potato or yam

meal 6: protein drink

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 much cal 4 inactive middle age woman name sarabia

Sunnydale

Reaction score
Meh ..... not my cup of tea, too much dairy and rice grain for me, but I eat a low carb/paleo diet.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sunnydale
Meh ..... not my cup of tea, too much dairy and rice grain for me, but I eat a low carb/paleo diet.

facepalm.gif

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif
No love for the paleo diet?

'Hey, yeah, whatever, I'm different' sums up the content, then you actually state the name of the exclusionary diet you follow. You're aggrandizing yourself based on what exactly? Some nutritional creed? I just can't see the purpose of speaking like that.

Sunnydale

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
No, your post is just idiotic.

'Hey, yeah, whatever, I'm different' sums up the content, then you actually state the name of the exclusionary diet you follow. You're aggrandizing yourself based on what exactly?

Well, as can be imagined, I like the paleo/ low carb diet as it has worked wonderfully for me at weight loss, and it has worked better at preventing heart disease plaque growth than other diets I've tried. I began following the diet because of two doctor's blogs I follow suggest it:

http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/

Dr Davis is a cardiologist with a successful track record of being able to reverse heart disease plaque growth. He recommends a low carb/paleo diet to his patients.

&

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/

Dr Eades is a doctor that specializes in weight loss. Both him and his wife have run a weight loss clinic and have found a low carb diet best for weight loss and health for their patients.

turbozed

Reaction score
I would probably agree that the low carb/sugar approach is better for your heart health but how do you personally know for sure that there's less arterial plaque buildup with your new diet? That's not something a person can easily measure or feel.

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No stated height, weight, sex or bodyfat percentage. If you were a ripped 200lb dude, I'd say you were going way under for protein and would lose muscle like sand through your fingers. If you were a chubby 130lb woman, I'd say you were going way over for carbs and should probably reduce caloric intake.

Sunnydale

Reaction score
Originally Posted by turbozed
I would probably agree that the low carb/sugar approach is better for your heart health but how do you personally know for sure that there's less arterial plaque buildup with your new diet? That's not something a person can easily measure or feel.

A heart CT scan gives a plaque calcium size reading - called an Agatston score, I believe. It's an easy, inexpensive test costing around $150. The AHA recommends men should be tested at age 40 and women at age 50.

If not familiar with CT heart scans, here are some articles about them.

http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/se.../Heart%20scans

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, as can be imagined, I like the paleo/ low carb diet as it has worked wonderfully for me at weight loss, and it has worked better at preventing heart disease plaque growth than other diets I've tried. I began following the diet because of two doctor's blogs I follow suggest it:

http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/

Dr Davis is a cardiologist with a successful track record of being able to reverse heart disease plaque growth. He recommends a low carb/paleo diet to his patients.

&

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/

Dr Eades is a doctor that specializes in weight loss. Both him and his wife have run a weight loss clinic and have found a low carb diet best for weight loss and health for their patients.

That has nothing to do with what I said.

Sunnydale

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
That has nothing to do with what I said.

Trying to bust my nuts again Why? I can tell we are not going to get along. Do me a favor and place me on your ignore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads