• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your Favorite Beer?

oroy38

Reaction score
Alright everyone, list your favorite brews!

The Best Beer Ever Made: Trappist Westvleteren 12
It's pretty much Beer Sex. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/313/1545

Damn hard to find, but savor it when you do.

Stone Brewing Company:
Arrogant Bastard (Oaked, Regular, and Double)
IPA (Regular and Ruination)
Smoked Porter
Imperial Russian Stout

To be honest, I like pretty much every beer from the Stone Brewing Co.

Grimbergen Belgian Ale (Dubbel and Blonde)

Hoegaarden

Franziskaner Hefeweissbier

Guinness

Moose Drool

Fat Tire

Dead Guy Ale (Rogue)

Chocolate Stout (Rogue)

Alaskan Smoked Porter

Dogfishhead 60 Minute IPA

wheelsx45

Reaction score
I enjoy most different beers, the harder to find beers are great cause there is always something new to taste.

My regular old favorite beer is Guinness, when I just need some really cheap beer I go PBR or Keystone light

I am still trying to track down Imperial Russian Stout you mentioned, I hear good things

Just read the reviews of Trappist Westvleteren 12, very interesting, hard to find?

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love to try a lot of beers i just never do it.

With Food:
Dos Equis Lager
Amber Boch
Pale Rider (local microbrew)

Cheap:
Miller Light
Coors

I just don't know where to buy some of these beers you guys get. I guess i need to find a fancier liquor store that specializes in nicer beers.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
search.

oroy38

Reaction score
To those of you who told me to search:
I did indeed search, but deemed it more appropriate to simply create a new thread rather than revive one that was 2 years old. I'm asking for your favorite beers, not your snobbish attitudes or your anal retentiveness for adherence to strict forum posting policies.

Wheelsx,
The Imperial Russian Stout from Stone is a seasonal beer released around April once a year. Your best bet is to order it online as soon as you hear of its availability. As for the Trappist, yes, it is pretty difficult to find, and very expensive (some people pay upwards of $20 for an 11.2oz bottle), but worth every penny. Best if drunk out of the signature Trappist goblet, fine in a snifter too. Just don't drink it too cold otherwise the flavors won't come out as well.

Happy Hooligan,
I tried the Smoked Porter w/ Vanilla bean, and to be honest with you, it didn't really float my boat. The smoked porter already has so much going on in it, that I think the Vanilla Bean addition was just a little over the top, but that's just me.

Stylish Pilot,
You might be please to find that BevMo.com ships beer to your door, and they have a very extensive collection.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to say. It depends on what I'm doing, eating, etc. In general, based on frequency, it'd be Guiness draft or Amstel Light.

Spencer Young

Reaction score
Three Floyds Imperial Dreadnought IPA. Magnificent.

Runner up would be Bell's Hopslam and 3F's Alpha King. Love the hops.

BWB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Hard to say. It depends on what I'm doing, eating, etc. In general, based on frequency, it'd be Guiness draft or Amstel Light.

I tend to agree with this. A thread about pairing food and beer would be great.

Dave H

Reaction score
Sam Adams Imperial stout, or just about anything from Bell's, especially their Two Hearted Ale. I also like many of the Brooklyn brews; IPA and Pilsner.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always felt rather blessed in the beer area.... While most people growing up are subjected to Budweiser, Coors and the like (Invariably "Light" as well..... something I can never truly understand.... in my area drinking light beer is the same as a man drinking a cooler).... I was lucky enough to grow up in an area where the standard beer is Alexander Keiths. Now, its not amazing, but it is damn good, at the same cost as the rest of the domestics. Mind you... I've found it in other parts of the country, and the price is tripled usually, despite it being brewed here in Nova Scotia....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads