• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the best bottle of alcohol for under $20?

amnesiac

Reaction score
I got a 1L of Tito's at Warehouse Liquor down by NYU for $20. It's divine.

Also, I've tasted maybe 20 or so whiskeys in my short life, and not much rye, but Wild Turkey Rye is great especially at $20 for 1L.

syn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amnesiac
I got a 1L of Tito's at Warehouse Liquor down by NYU for $20. It's divine.

Also, I've tasted maybe 20 or so whiskeys in my short life, and not much rye, but Wild Turkey Rye is great especially at $20 for 1L.

Wild Turkey Rye is great. So incredibly smooth and none of the burn you would expect from the 101 proof. It costs $20 for a fifth in the bay area, but it's still quite the bargain.

TGPlastic

Reaction score
clan_macgregor_enl.jpg

..unless you don't like the taste of whiskey.

kruze

Reaction score
I really only drink vodka
For price, taste, and morning after - Russian Standard [sub $20 in SoCal]

pruppert

Reaction score
Originally Posted by syn
Wild Turkey Rye is great. So incredibly smooth and none of the burn you would expect from the 101 proof. It costs $20 for a fifth in the bay area, but it's still quite the bargain.
haha...my grandpa's choice as long as I've known him...knew he was coming over when the wild turkey was on the counter and there was ginger ale in the fridge. Good buy for $20 though.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TGPlastic
clan_macgregor_enl.jpg

..unless you don't like the taste of whiskey.

But that's whisky.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kruze
I really only drink vodka
For price, taste, and morning after - Russian Standard [sub $20 in SoCal]

I got a bottle of those for Christmas. With the Cyrillic I thought I got a gem but then found out the price in a catalogue. I was thinking of giving it away but now I might keep it on your suggestion.

thomazzz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
I mean I REALLY REALLY hate Svedka.

Svedka was my first introduction to vodka--or liquor in general for that matter. I was 16 and was in a band that was about perform at some **** club in Dallas. One of my bandmates had procurred a bottle of this vile poison through his brother since we were playing with a well established band and there were sure to be a lot of people in attendence; you know, typical rockstar shinanigans
sarcasm.gif
. I'll never understand why we thought this would be a good idea. Well we all start drinking straight from the bottle about ten minutes before we're supposed to go on. Since I had never had vodka and was unaware of it's delayed effects I thought that I was some kind of drinking badass who could hold his liquor like no other after 3 or 4 heavy swigs. I go on to to drink much more before going on stage and as we begin our first song Svedka hits me hard and I can barely stand, focus on my guitar, or really communicate effectively. Throughout the next 12 minutes--before getting kicked offstage and from the premises--I threw up twice, attempted to eat a microphone, fell on my face numerous times, and confessed that I was a virgin and would literally have relations with anything female right then and there. Our drummer passed out as well.

After we were kicked out we set up a little table outside the entrance, away from the clubs property but where people from the club walked past and we sold about 70 cd's that night. And when I say sold, I mean that there was a transaction; we did make a lot of money (for us) but not as much as we should have because apparently we just started trading people cd's for random crap people had on them and didn't mind trading. I still have and wear a black leather belt someone traded.

I'm not proud of that night... well I am a little proud but even in spite of that I really, really hate Svedka too. I'm not saying it isn't a tolerable beverage but I haven't really been able to enjoy vodka in any circumstance since.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads