• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 episodes into Masters of the Air and it's pretty good. Thankfully no plot armor, although I assume at least the narrator makes it home.

Style is reminiscent of Band of Brothers and The Pacific. Not sure it's based on a true story, but probably is.
I am enjoying it so far.

I think is trying to be as accurate as possible, it is based on a well reviewed no-fiction book Masters of the Air: America‘s Bomber Boys Who Fought the Air War Against Nazi Germany

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 episodes into Masters of the Air and it's pretty good. Thankfully no plot armor, although I assume at least the narrator makes it home.

Style is reminiscent of Band of Brothers and The Pacific. Not sure it's based on a true story, but probably is.
I'm watching it too.
. A guy I knew when I was in the service told us this story about his dad who was a tail gunner on a B-17 . Toward the end of the war the Luftwaffa was all but destroyed so some bean counter up the line decided that the gunners were wasting uncle sams money by test firing their guns. As they were approaching German airspace this guys dad forgets about this new rule and starts firing his guns as usual and the pilot starts yelling at him " save your brass save your brass" over the intercom. This guy thinks the pilot is yelling "save your azz" bails out and spends the last few months of the war in a nazi pow camp

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finished S3 of Slow Horses. F*ck, that's a great show.
I really enjoy it. Oldman is just so great.

I know I’m late to the party:
1707494881457.jpeg

About half way through Fargo Season 5…. Loving it so far.

Also watching Feud: Capote vs the Swans. It is ok, my wife likes more than I do, but the costumes and set design are enough to keep me moderately interested.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 episodes into Masters of the Air and it's pretty good.
I'm watching it and enjoying it.

It reminded me of a classmate of mine, whose dad was a gunner on a WWII bomber and got hit by shrapnel in his leg. He brought to school his dad's Purple Heart and the chunk of shrapnel they removed from his thigh. I think about that heavy chunk of metal every scene the Germans fire at them.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't say it's bad, because I don't think it has any intention of being GOOD, but Gilded Age is such a silly little (with a very big budget lol) show.
Which, is somewhat disappointing, since there's a ton of damn good actors in the cast

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love that show. Oldman is so good. I read that IRL he is long-time friends with Mick Jagger and that is the reason why Jagger sings the theme song.
I was shocked when I started watching that it's an original Jagger song... This is good background on how/why that happened.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do yourselves a favor and don’t watch the Tourist on Netflix. 6 ep season that starts out decent, becomes more implausible in the middle and then lays a huge turd of a final episode.

Mr & Mrs Smith with Donald Gambino follows a similar arc.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching Halo S1 right now. The Kwan Ha character is sofa king stupid. She makes the crew from Entourage look like Mensa members

Do you remember the Entourage episode where the movie star almost threw away his shot and the agent got so mad he cussed everyone out? So deep.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads