• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to wear with red shoes?

justtakemymoney

Reaction score
Hi,
This is my first post and I hope the guys here can help me out. I've just bought a pair of leather shoes for cheaps and I'm very excited with the purchase, they looked quality, well built at a very good price. However, they are bright red in colour. It would certainly be eye catching and challenging to wear them for work. I've googled on ideas but found next to nothing. Any suggestion on how to wear them without looking like a fashion designer would be deeply appreciated.

Ladies look good with red leather shoes, but I've yet to see any man who wears them, maybe that's why they were selling at a low price.

Astaroth

Reaction score
What finish? Patent? Calf? Suede?

What style? Loafer? Oxford? Brogue? Driving shoe? Trainers/sneakers?

kasakka

Reaction score
Bright red is a very rare colour in men's shoes. I have a pair and usually wear them with a more casual outfit like black jeans and a sportcoat.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Astaroth

Reaction score
  • Murlsquirl, just as general feedback, whilst I can understand the desire to keep the forum tidy etc by consolidating threads I have to say that as a relative newbie the fact that most threads have 10,000+ posts does make the forum very daunting/ impenetrable as a newbie and the constant push to grow these mega threads may mean many dont hang around.

I know I havent looked at any of these threads despite a potential interest in the subject as I'm never going to have the time to read all the posts to follow the sub conversations in them/ ensure I'm not recovering old ground etc.

Obviously your place, your rules and if you guys and the established members like growing these giant threads then fine but just thought you may appreciate the feedback from the other side of the coin.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Also, don't wear red shoes.

Blasphemy! Red shoes can be appropriate:

Astaroth

Reaction score
He makes a new thread for questions every week. That way it doesn't get 10,000 comments.
Appreciate that one does but all the other threads arent.

I dont know the Huddler engine but certainly with most other forum engines they deal better with higher volumes of shorter threads than small volume of giant threads, particularly when it comes to searching etc.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

He wasn't directing you to all the other threads. He was directing you to the ones he creates every week.

What he has to understand is that if a first time member signs up to ask a quick question, they are probably not going to look for a "ask a quick question" thread. They will just ask a quick question in a new thread.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

What he has to understand is that if a first time member signs up to ask a quick question, they are probably not going to look for a "ask a quick question" thread. They will just ask a quick question in a new thread.

I do understand that, which is why I usually move the thread into the weekly thread....if it doesn't have any responses by the time I see it. The new member threads have stickies at the top of the page to make them easy to find, but sometimes new members create their own anyways. That is perfectly fine. I'm not scolding anyone for creating a new thread, just giving them a suggestion for next time.

Yes, there are a lot of threads that have been going for 5+ years and have thousands of pages. I do my best to answer the new members question, but will also link any thread that I think would be beneficial. If it's too much for them, they are free to keep asking questions in the weekly thread....or wherever they prefer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads