• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What the hell, UPS??? What the hell?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Who is the worst amongst UPS, FedEx or USPS?
Everyone has their horror stories, I would say they are all about the same. They will do their best and at the same time some packages will be damaged or lost. Personally, 85% of my shipping experience is with USPS, they have completely lost 1 package, once. I filled out insurance claim and they reimbursed me in full. 10% is with UPS, they completely lost 1 package, once. The reimbursed me in full. 5% is with Fedex, they never lost anything. Small sample though.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Judging by his temperament, I'm guessing coke.
laugh.gif

bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

Originally Posted by LA Guy
UPS can be a pain to deal with though. So, recently, I had a package lost in the system. I was having it sent from NYC to the hotel I was staying at for a week in San Francisco. It showed "acceptance" on December 8. Fair enough. I was hoping that the package would get to the hotel before I did (December 14), but it was scheduled to get there on Dec 15. Not a problem, right? I check every so often on the progress of the package. There is never any change in the status. Just "Acceptance" in NYC. Not great. I phone UPS on the 13th, since it is still just showing "acceptance", and am reassured by two different customer reps that sometimes the ground shipping doesn't show scans. Now, this sounds like a crock to me, but hey, what do I know, right? I phone again on the 15th, after the package does not arrive. The rep says "Yes, it shows that it should be delivered today." "Er... but the hotel told me that all of their UPS shipments have arrived, and there is no package there for me." "Give them until the end of the business day." "But the hotel people tell me that they never get packages late, unless it is an overnighted thing." "Sorry sir, but the computer won't let me enter anything until after the scheduled delivery date" I hate it when people tell me that their computer is controlling the process. "But it is clearly lost." "Sorry sir, there is nothing I can do until tomorrow."

Tomorrow arrives. "Sir, only the shipper can start an investigation." "Thanks for telling me that now."

The shipper (Assembly in NYC, highly recommend the store after this experience) immediately overnights the item (a Robert Geller Belt) to me. I am wearing it now.

A few days ago, I get a call from UPS. "Sir, I just wanted to verify that you never received your original package." "That's right." "Are you sure?" "No, I am just lying because I love talking to UPS reps."

Originally Posted by spertia
That recently happened to me after a package went missing and the shipper sent a replacement. All of this trouble was over -- get this -- a light bulb. Apparently UPS eventually traced the package to a neighbor's house a few doors down, and about a week later I received the original package anyway.

Originally Posted by warlok1965
Occasionally I have received a package that did "arrived" at my local distro center and was never flagged as "out for delivery".

Once UPS lost a home theater projector I was having sent in for repair. They opened an investigation but weeks went by and they never found it. So I bought a new one. Within an hour of me receiving the new one, UPS emailed and discovered they had located my old one, which meant I was stuck selling that one.

Don't even get me started on Fed Ex.

**** you guys are not making this any better
frown.gif

It's still showing "ARRIVAL SCAN" at 2PM yesterday and then "DESTINATION SCAN" at 5PM yesterday at my local UPS facility... Nothing after.

mad.gif

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow they actually came through! It got delivered. (well, the laptop got delivered but not the additional RAM Memory that was sent out earlier)

Happy now, but have to work on putting all the files and programs on it...

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a weird happening recently. I bought something, and they said it had been rescheduled for a Jan 6th delivery (it was sent out Dec 27) but then yesterday it said the rescheduled date was the 5th but it never came. This morning it was changed back to the 6th and it came.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When a box is taken off or put on a delivery truck, it is scanned by a person. Sometimes the person doesn't scan it.

When I worked for the various shipping companies awhile back, the target scan rate for a person in one day was like 98% percent. During peak periods like Christmas however, no one really gives a **** because there are so many packages to move in so little time.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
When a box is taken off or put on a delivery truck, it is scanned by a person. Sometimes the person doesn't scan it.

When I worked for the various shipping companies awhile back, the target scan rate for a person in one day was like 98% percent. During peak periods like Christmas however, no one really gives a **** because there are so many packages to move in so little time.

They decided to not scan one of my packages throughout the checkpoints this time around too.
eh.gif

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I try to go with Fedex when I can...I had a delivery that was scheduled for today 1/7, however early yesterday morning 1/6 it was rescheduled for that day and arrived in the afternoon. Huzzah Fedex! Now I have my new crappy weather boots, perfect for a day like today
smile.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What really annoys me is when they leave a tag on the door while there was someone at home the whole time and they obviously didn't bother ringing a couple times.

Still UPS is far better than USPS in my experience - the USPS guys are so lazy they wouldn't even try a second attempt most of the times, leaving me with no choice but waiting in line 45 min at the post office to pick up a package that they are supposed to deliver to my door. They don't really have a customer service or anything of this sort - so it's pretty obvious the customer experience does not rank high on their list.

Fedex is fine but they are a PITA with signatures and indirect signatures.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only had one issue with USPS, but it kinda blew. They left the note thing in my mailbox saying they missed me. Because there was no way in hell I was going to the Post Office (Brooklyn at the time....) I put in a date on the card for them to drop it off, the upcoming Saturday, and put it back in my mailbox. Lo and behold, they never picked up the card. I was forced to tape it to the door of the mailbox....I also had to change the date to the following Saturday, but they did deliver it then. Just 1.5 weeks late.
inlove.gif
plain.gif
Originally Posted by gdl203
Fedex is fine but they are a PITA with signatures and indirect signatures.
That's the truth. Thank god I now live in a building with doormen. Extremely convenient.

Bruce9241

Reaction score
I worked a job that involved a lot of shipping. I would ship about 40-50 packages each day. I would say about 90% of all the shipments that I shipped during my 7 months at the company was with UPS. Nine percent was with FedEx and for international packages I shipped using USPS.

To me UPS was the best delivery method. They lost the least amount of packages and were on time for most the packages. FedEx was the least reliable. Packages that were sent over night or two day express sometimes took three or four days to arrive. If the packages were late then I would get a refund on the shipment, but thats no the point. The point is the package was late and my customer is upset.

USPS has been pretty good to me. Never had any packages lost. International shipping time was long. I shipped a package to Gibraltar. Took about two months to arrive. You can't beat the price though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads