• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What the hell, UPS??? What the hell?

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope their system is experiencing updating delays or something...

My package was in their warehouse like 10 miles from my house since 5PM last night. No updates about it being on the delivery truck or anything. It better be in process of being delivered. Even the delivery date in their system says today.

F***ers.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sometimes, just sometimes, they can be late 1 day.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178
God, the internet has turned people into monsters.

Originally Posted by Tarmac
sometimes, just sometimes, they can be late 1 day.

I'm going to blow up the next UPS truck I see, Grand Theft Auto style.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bet the next tracking scan shows it in Maine.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
I'm going to blow up the next UPS truck I see, Grand Theft Auto style.

This has happened to me a few times. The package came a day late or two, but it came. Fortunately, I didn't kill anyone over it.

Man, what the hell are you expecting in that package?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Judging by his temperament, I'm guessing coke.
laugh.gif

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UPS was horrible over the holiday season.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPS can be a pain to deal with though. So, recently, I had a package lost in the system. I was having it sent from NYC to the hotel I was staying at for a week in San Francisco. It showed "acceptance" on December 8. Fair enough. I was hoping that the package would get to the hotel before I did (December 14), but it was scheduled to get there on Dec 15. Not a problem, right? I check every so often on the progress of the package. There is never any change in the status. Just "Acceptance" in NYC. Not great. I phone UPS on the 13th, since it is still just showing "acceptance", and am reassured by two different customer reps that sometimes the ground shipping doesn't show scans. Now, this sounds like a crock to me, but hey, what do I know, right? I phone again on the 15th, after the package does not arrive. The rep says "Yes, it shows that it should be delivered today." "Er... but the hotel told me that all of their UPS shipments have arrived, and there is no package there for me." "Give them until the end of the business day." "But the hotel people tell me that they never get packages late, unless it is an overnighted thing." "Sorry sir, but the computer won't let me enter anything until after the scheduled delivery date" I hate it when people tell me that their computer is controlling the process. "But it is clearly lost." "Sorry sir, there is nothing I can do until tomorrow."

Tomorrow arrives. "Sir, only the shipper can start an investigation." "Thanks for telling me that now."

The shipper (Assembly in NYC, highly recommend the store after this experience) immediately overnights the item (a Robert Geller Belt) to me. I am wearing it now.

A few days ago, I get a call from UPS. "Sir, I just wanted to verify that you never received your original package." "That's right." "Are you sure?" "No, I am just lying because I love talking to UPS reps."

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
A few days ago, I get a call from UPS. "Sir, I just wanted to verify that you never received your original package." "That's right." "Are you sure?" "No, I am just lying because I love talking to UPS reps."

That recently happened to me after a package went missing and the shipper sent a replacement. All of this trouble was over -- get this -- a light bulb. Apparently UPS eventually traced the package to a neighbor's house a few doors down, and about a week later I received the original package anyway.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Occasionally I have received a package that did "arrived" at my local distro center and was never flagged as "out for delivery".

Once UPS lost a home theater projector I was having sent in for repair. They opened an investigation but weeks went by and they never found it. So I bought a new one. Within an hour of me receiving the new one, UPS emailed and discovered they had located my old one, which meant I was stuck selling that one.

Don't even get me started on Fed Ex.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
Occasionally I have received a package that did "arrived" at my local distro center and was never flagged as "out for delivery".

Once UPS lost a home theater projector I was having sent in for repair. They opened an investigation but weeks went by and they never found it. So I bought a new one. Within an hour of me receiving the new one, UPS emailed and discovered they had located my old one, which meant I was stuck selling that one.

Don't even get me started on Fed Ex.

I'll give you $10 for the projector. And if Matt uses his sneaky "$11 bid" trick on me, consider me in for $12.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
This has happened to me a few times. The package came a day late or two, but it came. Fortunately, I didn't kill anyone over it.

A new netbook (tiny laptop) that I am taking on a long trip with me - leaving on thursday so it damn better be here tomorrow for sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads