• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, I don't care what res, if its targeting the headphone crowd, this is useless. Not many headphones out there would benefit from that resolution.

I rue the day when I see a kid with one of the wearing a pair of Beats.

To their credit, Pono partnered with Ayre. There is hope.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol @ anyone buying into this Pono BS.

The interview wasn't dumbed down for the mp3 crowd...it was dumbed down because they don't actually have any details. The kickstarter that blew through their funding goal didn't even have technical details.

This thing is a joke.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol @ anyone buying into this Pono BS.

The interview wasn't dumbed down for the mp3 crowd...it was dumbed down because they don't actually have any details. The kickstarter that blew through their funding goal didn't even have technical details.

This thing is a joke.

ESS Sabre 9018 DAC
analog designed by Ayre

That is interesting enough to me to not write off as a joke

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ESS Sabre 9018 DAC
analog designed by Ayre

That is interesting enough to me to not write off as a joke

Perhaps more design work should have gone in before showing a product. They have a good partner, its possible the rest can be worked out.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All the music on that site is showing as "This product is not currently available due to region restrictions." ...when is it available? "region restrictions"? I thought that only applied to movies?

Last edited:

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

All the music on that site is showing as "This product is not currently available due to region restrictions." ...when is it available? "region restrictions"? I thought that only applied to movies?

Just guessing, but it may have to do with the scope of the licenses they have with record companies, which in turn probably has something to do with copyright laws and/or piracy issues in various locales.

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
Acquired this fairly rare beast yesterday....the Phase Linear 7000 Series Two cassette deck (a re-badged Pioneer CT-A1).

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The speakers that make me gag are:
Sonus Faber
B& W
Focal
Vienna Acu.
etc the list is too long.

The good speakers that impressed me in one way or another with their sound abilities:

ATC
DeVore
Totem
Triangle

The speaker that blew me away with natural, effortless full range sound is Wilson Alexandria.

Our speaker tastes are different, but the DeVore Fidelity Orangutan O/96 Loudspeaker really impressed me at two different shows with wildy different ancillaries.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never heard DeVores where I didn't think they were a bit too rich in the mid-range (which could have been the listening room). But I generally prefer a pretty analytic sound. Could also be the venue which was a dealer's shop.

Dorje

Reaction score
Also, if you're talking a system under 6-figures and maybe even closer to the high 4s, then it's hard to beat Omega. Their new RS5 driver is among the best in the world at any price, and I have heard A LOT of very high single drivers like Feastrex and Voxativ... It takes a conventional multi-way speaker in the $10k+ range to compete with it's sound quality. Of course maximum volumes an dynamics are limited, but in my system the RS5 will be augmented with a JBL 15" woofer at 97 dB sensitivity... they are $1k for just the woofers, but the dynamics will scare women and make children cry.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

http://www.omegaloudspeakers.com/products.html

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Suggestions for in-ear earphones for less than $100? Going to be using with my iphone so doesn't have to be the highest quality but looking to avoid the ultra bass heavy ones.

Bartolo

Reaction score

I have never heard DeVores where I didn't think they were a bit too rich in the mid-range (which could have been the listening room). But I generally prefer a pretty analytic sound. Could also be the venue which was a dealer's shop.

I bought my Devores in part because I really enjoyed the midrange. And sure, the room makes a huge difference, as does individual preferences.

I bought these, my first real hi fi speakers, after listening at the dealer. I'll only ever buy after listening at home from now on, as the interaction with the room is so critical to figuring out what they'll sound like at home!

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought my Devores in part because I really enjoyed the midrange. And sure, the room makes a huge difference, as does individual preferences.

I bought these, my first real hi fi speakers, after listening at the dealer. I'll only ever buy after listening at home from now on, as the interaction with the room is so critical to figuring out what they'll sound like at home!

I can definitely see that. I bought Salks cause I love the extended high end.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have this *beast* in boxes at home -- haven't had it set up in years (I run YBA monoblocks and GMA speakers), but if you like old school power this is an amazing combo -- extremely rare.

If anyone is in the market let me know. I've never felt up to parting with these but they should be in a home making music, not boxes taking up space.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads