• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want?

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scrounger
Just curious - have you tried connecting a hard drive with your music files directly to the USB port? This would be one of the key benefits of upgrading from my Onkyo 705.

Nope, and I would still need something to manage the files on the hard drive. Using the laptop allows remote control (including volume) and library management from anywhere in the house. The laptop and receiver are hidden.

celeste_pista

Reaction score
vpi tnt6hr/dv-50s>>>>jrdg concentra>>>>verity fidelio

every time i turn it on (figuratively, it is left on at all times) i'm reminded why music is so special. as lame as that sounds it's true.

don't really want anything else, but if we're dreaming i gues I'd say I want whatever goodwins high end has in their reference room
smile.gif

Scrounger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
Nope, and I would still need something to manage the files on the hard drive. Using the laptop allows remote control (including volume) and library management from anywhere in the house. The laptop and receiver are hidden.

Doesn't sound like you have any reason to then. But in case you might find this useful sometime, I'm pretty sure you can use the Onkyo to browse and select files for playback using its remote and onscreen display. I can do this with my blu-ray player's USB, for example, but unfortunately it's not compatible with any lossless formats.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by celeste_pista
vpi tnt6hr/dv-50s>>>>jrdg concentra>>>>verity fidelio

every time i turn it on (figuratively, it is left on at all times) i'm reminded why music is so special. as lame as that sounds it's true.

don't really want anything else, but if we're dreaming i gues I'd say I want whatever goodwins high end has in their reference room
smile.gif

What is the jrdg brand? I'm not familiar with that? Rest of the system looks wonderful. I have a VPI table myself.

hangten

Reaction score
System before my kid was born in 2009:

Martin Logan Ascent
Martin Logan Theater
Sunfire Grand Cinema amp
Cary SLP-308 preamp
Denon 3805 receiver
PS3
Denon 3910 SACD/DVD/CD player
Martin Logan Grotto Subs x 2
Outlaw audio sub
Acoustic Zen speaker wires
Kimber Hero interconnects
Gefen 6x2 HDMI switch

Sold most of that for fear of my kid putting holes in the ML mylars and downgraded to the following:

Dynaudio Focus 220, 200
Denon 3805 receiver
PS3
Denon 3910 SACD/DVD/CD player
Outlaw audio sub
Kimber Hero interconnects
DIY 10ga speaker cables
Gefen 6x2 HDMI switch

Works well for the rare occasion I can use it but my kid already has somehow pushed in the tweeter on my center even with the cover on. Oh and I have a Panny 50" plasma with an Optoma HD65 showing a 92 inch pull down screen. No rears as I don't care for them.

I will get MLs back someday when my kids are older, they are 1.5 and -2 months so probably in 15 years or so. But in the mean time, I am looking to replace my Denon 3805 with a Denon 38xx receiver with HDMI and probably either a Proceed AMP3, Parasound Halo, or Cary Cinema amp. And if I can sneak it in a maybe a nice preamp but that would probably confuse my wife when she plays music for my kid.

petemac

Reaction score
I am very happy with an inexpensive system in my studio, so I'll share the pieces for the prospective buyers among us. This system is used almost exclusively for music but doesn't hesitate if pressed into home theater use.

PC (itunes) with kx effects (active crossover and correction) - free
80's Yamaha Amp (~40w/ch) - free
Monitor Audio BR2 - $200 used
Velodyne CT100 sub - $75 used

occasional grado sr-80 use

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fdbaker
Wilson Sophia 3's delivered and set-up over the weekend. Loving them so far.

Congratulations!
cheers.gif

This is one of my favorite speakers right now. What gear are you driving them with?

JhwkMac

Reaction score
Just getting into the whole vinyl records thing. I just purchased a set of sony tower speakers and a thorens D160 record player, getting a receiver from yamaha tonight and will be able to set it all up, cant wait!

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JhwkMac
Just getting into the whole vinyl records thing. I just purchased a set of sony tower speakers and a thorens D160 record player, getting a receiver from yamaha tonight and will be able to set it all up, cant wait!

Vinyl is fun. Spend some time moving the speakers around until it sounds best. Placement matters.

Originally Posted by fdbaker
Thanks! Musical Fidelity M6i.

Nice!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a small timer set-up that I personally love. I have a Peachtree Audio Nova with the matching Era D5 speakers. It has the amazing ESS 9006 Sabre DAC, and a 6922EH pre-amp tube. Pretty solid for playing music from my Macbook.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I have a small timer set-up that I personally love. I have a Peachtree Audio Nova with the matching Era D5 speakers. It has the amazing ESS 9006 Sabre DAC, and a 6922EH pre-amp tube. Pretty solid for playing music from my Macbook.

Nice system.

Piato

Reaction score
Originally Posted by riverrun
Anyone have / heard any of the classic rams designed braun equipment...sk6, sk55, etc.

Having just restored an SK5, anyone interested in one should keep in mind that the turntable (1) is mono and (2) will run fast without an adapter because of the frequency difference between the US and Europe (50 vs 60 hz). I'm currently working on a solution to this and will post some photos once finished.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piato
Having just restored an SK5, anyone interested in one should keep in mind that the turntable (1) is mono and (2) will run fast without an adapter because of the frequency difference between the US and Europe (50 vs 60 hz). I'm currently working on a solution to this and will post some photos once finished.

Please do. Would love to see these.
cheers.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads