• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want?

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice. I have one of about the same era - I put in a new motor and upgraded to the Hercules PS for easy speed switching. Mine only has a Basik tonearm, though I have a Ittok too (as well as an Ekos) in a box waiting to be installed in my other plinths. I had bought one of those cradles to work on the decks but somehow threw out the legs in the big house move 3 years ago. LOL

I worked in Glasgow for 6 years. Had a great affinity to the brand but could never afford it until I started working 'properly'. There were always tales of getting them 'on the cheap' from the pub around the corner from the factory.

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
I had all Linn electronics, too, for 20 years, with B&W 803 speakers. Put it all into a deal for a new Line Magnetic amp and DeVore O/93s. I kept the Ikemi CD player because I may play a CD again someday although it's been months.

I talked to my LP12 guy last week. I'm considering the Karousel bearing, and have my eye out for an earlier Lingo. My Valhalla has been recapped, but the Karousel/Lingo upgrades supposedly take things to another level. I had the Cirkus bearing put in about 5 years ago. I'm not too interested in 45 rpm---I don't need that much exercise.

chrfi

Reaction score
I also like Linn, I currently have the Majik DS as my source for these, with a Hegel amp.

KaLlUKQ.jpg

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
All this Linn talk has me thinking about my 'projects' again. I have a box of parts and plinths including one stone one that I don't remember much about. I have a Lingo 1 and am thinking whether I should recap it after my adventures with my Revox B795 but i believe it's a much more involved affair. Currently I'm still getting to grips with my Lenco L75 for 78s. I had lots of hum running it through a Sony System selector 3335 and in the end plugged both turntables directly into my Luxman preamp which fortunately has 2 phono inputs.
78s are fun, I like finding the earlier jazz and blues stuff but the amount of music you get on each side is crazy short LOL

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
So I’m mostly a hoarding, entry level audiophile at this point, with lots of modestly priced gear. Looking to thin stuff out, because I have too much. I’m kind of flustered about what to do. Here’s my list of stuff, for no other reason than for some of you to get a kick out of how much of a clusterfuck I’ve gotten myself into. I’m probably a great case study in how to avoid hapzardly accumulating hardware without any real plan. Basically, I made tiny baby steps all the way to where I’m at. Curious what you folks would do if you found yourself with all this stuff and wanted to pare it down. I’m putting an ‘*’ next to the stuff I just freaking love and a ‘-‘ next to stuff that has disappointed me. I think the next venture for me involves tubes.

Speakers
Wharfedale Evo 4.2
Wharfedale Linton Heritage -
Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary*
Klipsch R820F
Yamaha NS-670*
AudioEngine HD3 -

Subwoofer
Klipsch R-120S
Yamaha- Something, I dunno.

Power Amps
Yamaha AS-1100
Topping A-50 (headphones)

Dac/ Amp Combo
Sony Uda-1*
Yamaha S-501*

DAC
Topping D-50

Turntable
U-Turn Orbit + (with preamp)

mundieTRAINS

Reaction score
DAC is handled by the Oppo blu ray

chi fI knock off of an MBL pre amp (purchased because it’s a solid chunk of aluminum but also for the RCA to XLR conversion - it’s the best analog pre amp I’ve had)

amp is Merrill tyranis (hypex nc500) which I’mgoing to be selling as soon as I move to downgrade. Legit overkill

speakers are revel f35. I did as much blind testing as I could when purchasing these and the price to performance ratio is great. Wish they were front ported like their bigger brothers. Give them room to breathe and they really disappear

after selling my amp I’ll either buy something small like the SMSL AO200 and keep the Revels or I’ll sell it all and buy some Kali Audio IN8 with whatever Chinese DAC/pre measures the best at that time

bummer the big kalis don’t come in white yet

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have the Doge 7 tube DAC, to play hires files from my mac mini via Audirvana. Also recently I hooked it to my Oppo 105 to bypass its DAC stage. I couldn't say if it's much better than the Topping D50 that I tried briefly, it's a lot bigger (and pricier) though.

Canberraman

Reaction score
I'm currently running two separate systems, The first the family streaming hub. The second my personal system.

Nad C368 w/Bluos
Old Wharfedale Towers

Sonneteer Alabaster Integrated amp
Proac Tablette 10 Speakers
Rel T5x sub
Reg Planar 1 (soon to be upgraded)
Streaming from iPad via Audioquest Dragonfly Red

My daughter has a basic set up of:

Rotel A10 integrated
Monitor Audio Bronze 2 Speakers

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Today my Numark TT200 turntable arrived via a long long rest in the UK; the seller wouldn't ship to me in HK and my sisters in Manchester were sooo slooow in shipping to me. I wanted it just to play 78s in a less damaging way than my Monarch BSR, old school 'suitcase' autochanger. In the end, I'd got a vintage Lenco L75 from Germany and that works quite well. The Numark is a DJ deck but seems quite well built in comparison to the Crosley's but I guess the looks don't appeal to the hipsters.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My son has a old 100 wpc BTC (Black Tin Crap) JVC integrated amp (vintage to him, mid 80s cheap to me) with integrated circuits that has been acting up. Since he still loves the vintage vibe and is into the blacked out look for his living room I suggested that he should keep his eyes open for a similarly powered Sansui AU-9900/AU-11000

Sansui AU-11000A.jpg

And mate it to a SL-1210

Technics SL-1210 mk2.jpg

His response: "Interesting"

Last edited:

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
Absolutely incredible. Even compared to my Devialet 440 it is astonishing clean and precise, but with more ability to really rock. The built in DAC and phono stage are both astonishing as well. I am in love for sure

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads