• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

what silhouette?

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found, much to my surprise, that Vestimenta suits really look good on me. Something about the shoulders. Can anyone tell me what sort of silhouette a Vestimenta would fall into? As a relative newbie to suit silhouettes, I still have trouble distinguishing between what makes a neopolitan versus a roman versus an A&S or alan flusser, even after reading Manton's bible. There is a picture of a vestimenta on ebay at http://images.andale.com/f2/121/128/...3/IMG_7825.JPG. The picture kind of exaggerates the elongation a bit, but give you a general idea of the shoulder and chest.
Any thoughts? Thanks

CoryB

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the silhouette question, but you should be careful with that eBay seller. I nearly bought a Vestimenta suit from him, but after doing my due diligence found out that he has a tendancy to exagerated (Zegna suit when it is Zegna fabric) if not outright lie.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have one Vestimenta suit. It has soft, Neapolitan-type shoulders and a somewhat suppressed waist. I suppose you could say therefore that it leans in a Neapolitan direction. But it fits very differently from, say, the Isaia's I've tried on. It's fuller around the torso and the armholes aren't quite so high.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoryB
I'm not sure about the silhouette question, but you should be careful with that eBay seller. I nearly bought a Vestimenta suit from him, but after doing my due diligence found out that he has a tendancy to exagerated (Zegna suit when it is Zegna fabric) if not outright lie.
It's funny you say that because I bought a Vestimenta tuxedo from this seller earlier this year and was very pleased with it. I can't speak for his honesty in general. But in any event, I just put up the photo as an illustration of what Vestimenta suits look like.

CoryB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by knittieguy
It's funny you say that because I bought a Vestimenta tuxedo from this seller earlier this year and was very pleased with it. I can't speak for his honesty in general. But in any event, I just put up the photo as an illustration of what Vestimenta suits look like.

He may be quite honest, but others didn't seem to think so I didn't want to risk $400 to determine it
. These pictures are from a German eBay-er, correct? He has lots of pictures, pictures of his store, etc. I can't remember his name, but I do remember lots of Vestimenta.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoryB
He may be quite honest, but others didn't seem to think so I didn't want to risk $400 to determine it
. These pictures are from a German eBay-er, correct? He has lots of pictures, pictures of his store, etc. I can't remember his name, but I do remember lots of Vestimenta.

Yes, the pictures are from a German ebay seller. It worked out well for me (I actually offered about $100 less than the ebay price after an item didn't sell, and he accepted it, so it cost me $300 plus shipping), but I have no idea about his track record.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 241 32.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.8%
  • 31 - 40