1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

what silhouette?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by knittieguy, Oct 13, 2006.

1. knittieguy

knittieguy Senior member

I've found, much to my surprise, that Vestimenta suits really look good on me. Something about the shoulders. Can anyone tell me what sort of silhouette a Vestimenta would fall into? As a relative newbie to suit silhouettes, I still have trouble distinguishing between what makes a neopolitan versus a roman versus an A&S or alan flusser, even after reading Manton's bible. There is a picture of a vestimenta on ebay at http://images.andale.com/f2/121/128/...3/IMG_7825.JPG. The picture kind of exaggerates the elongation a bit, but give you a general idea of the shoulder and chest.
    Any thoughts? Thanks

2. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

I'm not sure about the silhouette question, but you should be careful with that eBay seller. I nearly bought a Vestimenta suit from him, but after doing my due diligence found out that he has a tendancy to exagerated (Zegna suit when it is Zegna fabric) if not outright lie.

3. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

I have one Vestimenta suit. It has soft, Neapolitan-type shoulders and a somewhat suppressed waist. I suppose you could say therefore that it leans in a Neapolitan direction. But it fits very differently from, say, the Isaia's I've tried on. It's fuller around the torso and the armholes aren't quite so high.

4. knittieguy

knittieguy Senior member

I'm not sure about the silhouette question, but you should be careful with that eBay seller. I nearly bought a Vestimenta suit from him, but after doing my due diligence found out that he has a tendancy to exagerated (Zegna suit when it is Zegna fabric) if not outright lie.
    It's funny you say that because I bought a Vestimenta tuxedo from this seller earlier this year and was very pleased with it. I can't speak for his honesty in general. But in any event, I just put up the photo as an illustration of what Vestimenta suits look like.

5. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

It's funny you say that because I bought a Vestimenta tuxedo from this seller earlier this year and was very pleased with it. I can't speak for his honesty in general. But in any event, I just put up the photo as an illustration of what Vestimenta suits look like.

He may be quite honest, but others didn't seem to think so I didn't want to risk $400 to determine it [​IMG]. These pictures are from a German eBay-er, correct? He has lots of pictures, pictures of his store, etc. I can't remember his name, but I do remember lots of Vestimenta.

6. knittieguy

knittieguy Senior member

He may be quite honest, but others didn't seem to think so I didn't want to risk $400 to determine it [​IMG]. These pictures are from a German eBay-er, correct? He has lots of pictures, pictures of his store, etc. I can't remember his name, but I do remember lots of Vestimenta.
    Yes, the pictures are from a German ebay seller. It worked out well for me (I actually offered about $100 less than the ebay price after an item didn't sell, and he accepted it, so it cost me $300 plus shipping), but I have no idea about his track record.