• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what silhouette?

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found, much to my surprise, that Vestimenta suits really look good on me. Something about the shoulders. Can anyone tell me what sort of silhouette a Vestimenta would fall into? As a relative newbie to suit silhouettes, I still have trouble distinguishing between what makes a neopolitan versus a roman versus an A&S or alan flusser, even after reading Manton's bible. There is a picture of a vestimenta on ebay at http://images.andale.com/f2/121/128/...3/IMG_7825.JPG. The picture kind of exaggerates the elongation a bit, but give you a general idea of the shoulder and chest.
Any thoughts? Thanks

CoryB

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the silhouette question, but you should be careful with that eBay seller. I nearly bought a Vestimenta suit from him, but after doing my due diligence found out that he has a tendancy to exagerated (Zegna suit when it is Zegna fabric) if not outright lie.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have one Vestimenta suit. It has soft, Neapolitan-type shoulders and a somewhat suppressed waist. I suppose you could say therefore that it leans in a Neapolitan direction. But it fits very differently from, say, the Isaia's I've tried on. It's fuller around the torso and the armholes aren't quite so high.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoryB
I'm not sure about the silhouette question, but you should be careful with that eBay seller. I nearly bought a Vestimenta suit from him, but after doing my due diligence found out that he has a tendancy to exagerated (Zegna suit when it is Zegna fabric) if not outright lie.
It's funny you say that because I bought a Vestimenta tuxedo from this seller earlier this year and was very pleased with it. I can't speak for his honesty in general. But in any event, I just put up the photo as an illustration of what Vestimenta suits look like.

CoryB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by knittieguy
It's funny you say that because I bought a Vestimenta tuxedo from this seller earlier this year and was very pleased with it. I can't speak for his honesty in general. But in any event, I just put up the photo as an illustration of what Vestimenta suits look like.

He may be quite honest, but others didn't seem to think so I didn't want to risk $400 to determine it
smile.gif
. These pictures are from a German eBay-er, correct? He has lots of pictures, pictures of his store, etc. I can't remember his name, but I do remember lots of Vestimenta.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoryB
He may be quite honest, but others didn't seem to think so I didn't want to risk $400 to determine it
smile.gif
. These pictures are from a German eBay-er, correct? He has lots of pictures, pictures of his store, etc. I can't remember his name, but I do remember lots of Vestimenta.

Yes, the pictures are from a German ebay seller. It worked out well for me (I actually offered about $100 less than the ebay price after an item didn't sell, and he accepted it, so it cost me $300 plus shipping), but I have no idea about his track record.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads