• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What music do you guys listen to when getting dressed?

Rada

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
That new Black Keys album is the ****.

Not that I get dressed to music but its usually on some shuffle i-Tunes...so anything from 3rd Base to Woody Guthrie. I have a lot of Morrissey and Smiths in there, Band of Horses, Frightened Rabbit, and Old Crow Medicine Show so those guys tend to come on more than some others.

Yeah, it is great.... they're getting a little redundant though, but it's damn good redundant!

Band of Horses newer album is lovely... I will have my days where it's them My Morning Jacket, Wilco, The Shins and all 'those' bands on rotation.

I have to listen to music in the morning.

Oleg

Reaction score
'Call Me' by Blondie as I lay all my shirts, ties and suits out on the bed and spend an age choosing the combination whilst looking dashing in my boxers, before an evening servicing older women.
Honest...

Joe Cool

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
The training montage music from Rocky IV. Always.

Don't follow the Rocky IV regimen too closely AB. Remember, whatever Drago hits, he destroys

brigitte_nielsen.jpg

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lately:
For basic regular days: LP4 by Ratatat, Suspicious Activities? by the Bad Plus, End of the World Party by Medeski Martin and Wood.

On my black jeans & high-heeled boots days, it is White Stripes, Rachmaninoff, and Wu Tang Clan.

On my Chucks, cords, and shawl-neck cardigan days, it is Fleet Foxes, Esperanza Spalding, Explosions in the Sky, and Samuel Barber.

dinogj

Reaction score
I tend to have a soundtrack to my morning.

my clock radio-ipod dock does all the work for me.
I wake up to either "run to the hills" by Iron Maiden or Alejandro by Lady Gaga depending on the mood i have the night before.

both times im usually up and either guitar soloing or pretending to be Aljeandro.

either way, by the time i make it to the bathroom I'll have Neon Indian playing if a sunny day out, or some Steve Aoki if its not a bright cheery day.

while im putting on cloths it switches to some kind of nostalgia music, i have a random playlist that ranges for Mr. Rogers theme song to the power rangers theme song.

when eating breakfast the music is off and i watch the morning news

by the time in Im the car ill have some sort of Chillwave/electro or even Daft punk blasting and Im off to work!

I always fall asleep to 90's techno. Puts me to bed like a baby.

sammy

Reaction score
Dressing up for a night out---> classic jazz: Brubeck, Desmond, Hawkins, etc.

Putting on my leather jacket and boots to ride my Triumph---> The Stooges

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sammy
Dressing up for a night out---> classic jazz: Brubeck, Desmond, Hawkins, etc.

+100

You just got me in the mood for this, let me put on my Clubmasters.
wink.gif

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by celery
None, I just get dressed.

+1.
I am usually watching the news though.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
+1.
I am usually watching the news though.

The news or Fox News?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads