• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What music are you listening to lately?

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sit back, relax, and enjoy...the entire album.

One of the best 5 live concert albums ever?

(The Youtube ads are so damned annoying, though. Too bad.)

Ublock or any ad-blocker will fix that for you. That said, I use Spotify for all my online music playing these days. It's cheap and the audio quality is just so much better than YouTube.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ublock or any ad-blocker will fix that for you. That said, I use Spotify for all my online music playing these days. It's cheap and the audio quality is just so much better than YouTube.
OK, thanks much, I did not know that, for Youtube.

Yes, I only started using Spotify about 3 months ago...I agree that it is so much better than Youtube (and I was only using the free, limited version of Spotify at that). Then my computer died completely two weeks ago, I had to buy a new one, and have not yet downloaded Spotify onto this new one. I do like them.

Can one copy/paste music videos from Spotify, like we are doing from Youtube? I don't remember now.

PS: yours is a great username especially for this thread!

So, in honor of your username:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right-click the song/album -> Share -> Copy Album/Song Link.

FWIW, be sure to download Ublock Origin by Raymond Hill, there's some other version out there that's not the real thing.
Great, super, thanks much.

Corso

Reaction score
OK, thanks much, I did not know that, for Youtube.

Yes, I only started using Spotify about 3 months ago...I agree that it is so much better than Youtube (and I was only using the free, limited version of Spotify at that). Then my computer died completely two weeks ago, I had to buy a new one, and have not yet downloaded Spotify onto this new one. I do like them.

Can one copy/paste music videos from Spotify, like we are doing from Youtube? I don't remember now.

PS: yours is a great username especially for this thread!

So, in honor of your username:

Mick Taylor did an amazing job with the Stones, he should have a more consistent solo career.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, Mick Taylor. :nodding:

His solo stuff (Little Red Rooster, etc.) is so great. What a guitarist, musician, and what a great attitude. A true pro.

Even with the friction/different attitudes between him and the Stones, he did influence them incredibly I think, with his skills, intelligence, class, and professionalism.

This Stones concert, from Glastonbury on June 29, 2013, is great for more than several reasons I think:
1) The video, audio, stage, and audience quality are all superb.
2) The band is so tight, on fire. Their collective enthusiasm is so honest, very infectious.
3) On this night, Watts is 72; Jagger is 69 (70 minus 3 days); Richards is 69; Wood is 66; Taylor is 64...and they all play like they are under 25!
4) The respect the others show to Taylor during his (too few) songs is palpable, really really great.
5) The joking by Bobby Keys (RIP) on "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" (song starts at 39:40, sax shenanigans start at 43:09), where Keys keeps doing a couple more sax solos just to "deny" Taylor his own guitar solo, is really great, all in fun. Jagger, Richards, Wood all ask Keys to let Taylor have hos moment, and Keys is all ... "nah, I think I'll keep going for awhile!". Wonderful smirk by BK with Ronnie Wood when BK finally does hand it off to Taylor at 45:32.
6 to infinity) It's the Rolling Stones, live on stage, with Mick Taylor (and Lisa Fischer)!

Excuse my enthusiasm, but it just doesn't get any better than that. 2 hours and 15 minutes long...and worth every second.

Glastonbury%20Stones_zpszgx7rtq0.jpg

Glastonbury%20Keys_zpsfmjnfkkw.jpg

5) Wonderful smirk by BK with Ronnie Wood when BK finally does hand it off to Taylor at 45:32.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mick Taylor did an amazing job with the Stones, he should have a more consistent solo career.
I think he was more consistent than he was appreciated, maybe? He did try a lot of new things, and I think that's commendable. He just never got the full press love as a soloist, maybe? That's OK too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads