• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have my own taste, but family movie night movies need to appeal to both my wife and a seven year old.

Not sure he would get the appeal of F&F (if its even appropriate for the younger viewers)
If it has to appeal to everyone then Star Wars 4-6, Indiana Jones 1 and 3, Jurassic World, or the whole MCU.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The F&F movies are definitely at a level a seven year old could understand. If they were any more sophisticated, then @Texasmade wouldn't be able to follow the plot.
I’ll have you know I was able to follow the plot of Avatar and Blade Runner 2049 for the first 20min or so of each film before falling asleep.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I could understand why Jeremy would whine. His character was lame AF. At least Scarjo had a cool backstory and got her own solo movie. Hawkeye gets made fun of for being lame and useless.
Jeremy Renner sucks though. Maybe if he didn't suck so much they'd write him a better character.

shrink1061

Reaction score
Just picked up “glengarry glenross” in an iTunes offer. One of my favourites that I haven’t seen for years. That’ll be going on tonight.

had my first trip to the cinema last night to see “black widow”. In spite of being a fan of a mindless action flick, and of Marvel stuff in general, I found BW just a bit overblown and lacking any real connection with the viewer. Just two hours of explosions!

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

giphy.gif

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nobody with Bob Odenkirk. I really enjoyed it. Same writer as also the John Wick series, so it’s no surprise that they’re similar in certain ways. Director previously did Hardcore Henry. Nobody was more tightly paced than the Wick movies, coming in around 90 minutes. The last John Wick film felt excessively long. This was a perfect length.

I may enjoy it more than any of the Wick movies. It was well shot and stylistic, but not so dark for the most part. The action was great and well choreographed. Bob Odenkirk was surprisingly believable and a good fit for the role.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Nobody with Bob Odenkirk. I really enjoyed it. Same writer as also the John Wick series, so it’s no surprise that they’re similar in certain ways. Director previously did Hardcore Henry. Nobody was more tightly paced than the Wick movies, coming in around 90 minutes. The last John Wick film felt excessively long. This was a perfect length.

I may enjoy it more than any of the Wick movies. It was well shot and stylistic, but not so dark for the most part. The action was great and well choreographed. Bob Odenkirk was surprisingly believable and a good fit for the role.
Been meaning to watch this. Thanks for the review and reminder.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads