• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Moon

Really enjoyed it. Better you know nothing about it going in. Caught me totally by surprise.

moon_movie.jpg

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Moon is awesome. Didn't know what to exoect going in and was left quite satisfied when it ended. Those who haven't seen it should add it to your list.

Yes, this was a very good movie. Besides, I've always liked Sam Rockwell, and I'm definitely going to give this movie a second screening now that I'm reminded.

Recently:

I tried to get into Bad Lieutenant, but it's just a stupid movie. Just like King of New York, it's just skeez-chic and meaningless. For a movie that tries to portray the cliché moral bankruptcy and salvation shtick, it sure does have a romanticized junkie worship tone while doing so. It reminds me of why Johnny Thunders fans are so lame. The lead character is utterly unconvincing. Any cop who behaves like he does all day wouldn't go unnoticed by lunchtime.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Moon
Really enjoyed it. Better you know nothing about it going in. Caught me totally by surprise.
moon_movie.jpg

Amazing movie. David Bowie's son directed it.

The concept of this sounds awesome.

Yes, this was a very good movie. Besides, I've always liked Sam Rockwell, and I'm definitely going to give this movie a second screening now that I'm reminded.

Recently:

[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]I tried to get into Bad Lieutenant, but it's just a stupid movie. Just like King of New York, it's just skeez-chic and meaningless. For a movie that tries to portray the cliché moral bankruptcy and salvation shtick, it sure does have a romanticized junkie worship tone while doing so. It reminds me of why Johnny Thunders fans are so lame. The lead character is utterly unconvincing. Any cop who behaves like he does all day wouldn't go unnoticed by lunchtime.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

The original Bad Lieutenant, or the remake? The original is amazing. Keitel is out of his mind.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

talked about a few pages ago. the cool concept and story line makes up for the less than stellar acting. worth watching.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
watched 2 movies last night.

contraband - way better than i expected. all around really good.

priest - standard killing vampires movie. decent killing, everyone talks in a pseudo undertone. decent fighting. just ok.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man on a ledge - freakin awesome. loved it.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Amazing movie. David Bowie's son directed it.
The original Bad Lieutenant, or the remake? The original is amazing. Keitel is out of his mind.

Bad Lieutenant with Keitel is an awesome art film, way deeper than just a crooked junkie cop's escapades. Never seen the remake, I hate Nicholas Cage....but love Herzog....what to do?

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Started watching the MST3K version of this last night, but actually got into it so I got irritated w/ the commentary. Luckily the gf has the original on DVD, so we popped that in.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Started watching the MST3K version of this last night, but actually got into it so I got irritated w/ the commentary. Luckily the gf has the original on DVD, so we popped that in.

I do not know how to respond to this.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I do not know how to respond to this.

First time ever yes, I love the MST3K robots or whatever the **** normally, but in my defense I'm going nuts on the Chantix right now.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads