• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
R.63f9ab9a09c217466eafabe545757c7c

Pretty cool movie with Rob Lowe as amusingly diabolical baddie.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Searched online for "best movies on 2021" to see what I've been missing out on. Having already seen #1 movie Pig, it led me to watch Zola (#2 apparently). I now feel like I have not missed out on much. 5/10.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also Prometheus: people were created from other people. Who look just like people! But taller!

they have to do a prequel for everything
nolan should do a prequel/sequel to memento, where it interleaves the **** that happened before the original with the **** that happens after the original and ends with a title card that says "start 'memento' now"

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it led me to watch Zola (#2 apparently). I now feel like I have not missed out on much. 5/10.
I caught this on Showtime or something last week (well, minus the first 15-20 mins). It was odd to say the least. I had no idea what I was watching (the cable did not show the right movie) so the only way I found out what I was watching was by searching for the dude who played Eazy E in Straight Outta Compton caused he was the only one I recognized.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like a movie based on a twitter thread simply will be a weird movie; no way to avoid it. Haven’t seen it yet.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1636658549765.png

I really, really enjoyed this. It's a war movie for people who love war movies. It's solely about the battle. No backstory (except for a minute or so right at the beginning). Not trying to appeal to some grand theme. Not focused on interpersonal drama. Just on the battle and the commander during the battle. Plus Hanx made a real effort to be historically accurate without being overly explainy.

Appreciate the tight 90 minute runtime, too.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1701905

I really, really enjoyed this. It's a war movie for people who love war movies. It's solely about the battle. No backstory (except for a minute or so right at the beginning). Not trying to appeal to some grand theme. Not focused on interpersonal drama. Just on the battle and the commander during the battle. Plus Hanx made a real effort to be historically accurate without being overly explainy.

Appreciate the tight 90 minute runtime, too.

I bought a new MacBook Air a few months ago and it came with 1yr free Apple TV. Just queued this up for later...even though I am not a war movie type of person.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If they say there is No Time to Die why do they give me 25 minutes of preview
So I didn't catch some of the plot in the theater. I thought it was a little unbelievable how Safin met Madeline but whatever. Also, it looked like there was Tito's at the bar in Cuba. Really hope we get more of Paloma. The ending tho...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I didn't catch some of the plot in the theater. I thought it was a little unbelievable how Safin met Madeline but whatever. Also, it looked like there was Tito's at the bar in Cuba. Really hope we get more of Paloma. The ending tho...
We don't. Instead Ana signed on to the John Wick franchise. The talk is that she might get her own John Wick spinoff movie.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to seeing Dune. I'm glad I watched it in the theater, as the cinematography really works better on a screen bigger than the one in my living room. It's good, but I wonder how confusing it would be for those who haven't read the book.

It'll be interesting to see how well part 2 ties everything together in a couple of years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads