• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Chinatown with Jack Nicholson and Faye Dunaway. Nicholson was great, and I'm always surprised how many movies from the '70's have endings...
that are very different from today's typical Hollywood endings

The '70s were the golden age of the auteur director (Polanski being a great example of the breed), and they got away with a lot more **** than directors are able to now. The accountants have always run the show, but for a brief period in the late sixties to late seventies the directors had the upper hand.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Tried to watch Certified Copy. As much as I want to bang Juliette Binoche, and I REALLY DO (she's so hot in a sort of French school teacher kind of way), it was so ******* boring that I deleted the file after skipping around for 20 minutes.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Chinatown with Jack Nicholson and Faye Dunaway. Nicholson was great, and I'm always surprised how many movies from the '70's have endings...

I like the Florsheim name drop in it. Back when those were good shoes, I am sure.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Tried to watch Certified Copy. As much as I want to bang Juliette Binoche, and I REALLY DO (she's so hot in a sort of French school teacher kind of way), it was so ******* boring that I deleted the file after skipping around for 20 minutes.

I love her. Dan In Real Life. So hot.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

I love her. Dan In Real Life. So hot.

+Infinity

Smart sexy.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fish Tank (Andrea Arnold) - Really good movie from start to end.
Connected (Benny Chan) - HK remake of "Cellular" which is, oddly, pretty good, considering how bad the original was.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

******* great movie.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Almedovar

The Skin I Live In

Superb film. Best director in the world now since Kubrick and then Altman died.

Last edited:

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Saw The Help last night.
Some good performances but it was another typical introspective-white-southerner-helps-oppressed-black-folk Hollywood story (see Miss Burning, Miss Daisy, etc.)

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think im gonna take the kids to the lorax in imax 3d today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads